Healthcare Career Community
- Provide individual care to patients in a particular role/facet of medicine/healthcare as a clinician (doctor, physician’s assistant, nurse, therapist).
- Create and coordinate processes and systems as part of an individual’s healthcare experiences.
- Counsel and advise patients and their loved ones.
- Research and analyze topics, systems, processes and models of care to improve services.
- Offer specific analysis, treatment, or instruction in a particular modality (produce lab report, dental exam, occupational or speech therapy, or acupuncture).
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of programs.
- Advocate for best practices to the general public, governments, practitioner groups.
|Elite Medical Scribes||Chief Medical Scribe||Gurnee, IL|
|Hospital for Special Surgery||Research Assistant I||New York, NY|
|Intermountain Neurosciences Institute||Research Assistant||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Mayo Clinic||Clinical research Position||Rochester|
|Minneapolis Medical Research Fund||Research Assistant||Minneapolis, MN|
|Minneapolis VA Health Care System||Research Coordinator||Minneapolis, MN|
|Minnesota Center for Twin & Family Research||Research Assistant||Minneapolis, MN|
|Minnesota Department of Health||Americorps Vista||St. Paul, MN|
While these are local resources, use these as examples to find their equivalent in the city/region for your search.
Macalester Olin Rice Hub Resources for Pre-Health Students – Macalester’s site for pre-health events, research, shadowing and internships information
National Association of Pre-Health Advisors Directory of Specialties – Great list of diverse health fields from Audiology to Veterinary Medicine