Healthcare Career Community
- Provide individual care to patients in a particular role/facet of medicine/healthcare as a clinician (doctor, physician’s assistant, nurse, therapist).
- Create and coordinate processes and systems as part of an individual’s healthcare experiences.
- Counsel and advise patients and their loved ones.
- Research and analyze topics, systems, processes and models of care to improve services.
- Offer specific analysis, treatment, or instruction in a particular modality (produce lab report, dental exam, occupational or speech therapy, or acupuncture).
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of programs.
- Advocate for best practices to the general public, governments, practitioner groups.
|Elite Medical Scribes
|Chief Medical Scribe
|Hospital for Special Surgery
|Research Assistant I
|New York, NY
|Intermountain Neurosciences Institute
|Salt Lake City, UT
|Clinical research Position
|Minneapolis Medical Research Fund
|Minneapolis VA Health Care System
|Minnesota Center for Twin & Family Research
|Minnesota Department of Health
|St. Paul, MN
While these are local resources, use these as examples to find their equivalent in the city/region for your search.
Macalester Olin Rice Hub Resources for Pre-Health Students – Macalester’s site for pre-health events, research, shadowing and internships information
National Association of Pre-Health Advisors Directory of Specialties – Great list of diverse health fields from Audiology to Veterinary Medicine