1600 Grand Avenue
Saint Paul, MN, 55105, USA
Fall semester billing statements are produced in mid-July with payment due August 15. Spring semester billing statements are produced in mid-December with payment due January 15.
Macalester’s Office of Student Accounts produces statements of account on a monthly basis. Visit the Student Accounts site for detailed information on Macalester’s billing policies and procedures.
- All billing statements are produced electronically. There are no paper billing statements.
- Students receive an email message when a new statement is available.
- Students may access billing statements (and view account activity since the last statement) using 1600grand.
- Students may authorize other people to view their statements. Authorized users will also receive an email message when a new statement is available.
Calculating Your Payment
Determining exactly what amount to pay Macalester can be complicated, especially if you received financial aid of several types. Please use our bill estimating worksheets to calculate your payment. You will need:
- Your account balance from a prior term, if applicable.
- Your current financial aid package for the semester (available to students at 1600grand.macalester.edu).
- To know which, if any, loans you will be using for the semester.
- To know whether you are participating in the payment plan and, if so, how much you are financing through this mechanism.
- To know whether you will be directly applying your wages from student employment to your account balance.
When calculating your payment, please review the following questions about your billing statement:
- Are your current charges correct?
- Do you have financial aid in authorized, pending, or memo status?
- Have you accepted any loans you plan on borrowing and completed the necessary steps for each loan?
- Do you plan on applying your student employment earnings toward your account?
- Do you plan on enrolling in the payment plan?
Once you have determined the amount that is due, you may pay online using an electronic payment from your bank account or by using a credit card (a fee will apply to credit card payments). Click here for more information about how to make a payment.