Learning and Building Community During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has required a re-envisioning of teaching and learning, new approaches to working, and creative solutions to help us find community when we are separated by distance. We are making this change together and we are finding strength in our community.
- The CDC has a Coronavirus Self-Checker. Start here if you think you may be sick.
- We have created a Macalester Student Relief Fund to help support our students with unexpected expenses right now and in the weeks ahead. This fund will help pay for student transportation, housing, distance learning, and support of Open Pantry, the student-run organization to address food insecurity at Mac.
- Our Impacted Events/Travel Information page includes the latest updates on campus events. All in-person, on-campus Reunion 2020 events (including the James Wallace Society dinner) have been canceled. We are looking at alternate ways of celebrating Reunion and will share details soon. Our traditional, in-person Commencement will not be held; we are exploring other ways to recognize and celebrate our graduating seniors and will share an update soon.
- Governor Walz issued an executive order for residents of the state of Minnesota to stay at home effective Friday, March 27 at 11:59 p.m. through Friday, April 10, except when they need to go out for essential needs. Details about implications for Macalester are available in the March 25 email update.
- Macalester has moved to remote learning for the remainder of the spring semester. Many employees are working remotely, with the goal of limiting the number of people on campus. Many college buildings are closed. Additional details are available in updates sent to the Macalester community.
- For students or parents of current students: Have a question that isn’t answered in our FAQ or on this site? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For alumni: Have a question that isn’t answered in our FAQ or on this site? Please email us at email@example.com