Advice from Mac Seniors
2016 Graduates were asked: What advice do you have on how to best prepare for life after Mac?
Institutional Research analyzes trends ranging from applicants to alumni, and everything in between.
Macalester is committed to a diverse student body.
Macalester has a strong commitment to internationalism, enrolling students from 89 countries in Fall 2015.
The mission of the Office of Institutional Research is to collect, analyze, and interpret data that improves understanding of the qualities and characteristics of education at Macalester, supports institutional planning and decision-making, and aids in policy and program development.
Goals of the office:
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data about Macalester College, its peers, and higher education in the U.S.
- Support institutional planning and decision-making by developing enrollment projections, assisting with department reviews, and providing data to campus leadership and committees.
- Communicate the college's story accurately and creatively in reports and on the IR website, in order to promote campus engagement with IR data.
- Conduct research informed by the college's goals and strategic priorities.
- Provide support for research activities carried out by other offices, committees, and departments on campus.
- Provide required and requested information to outside agencies (e.g., IPEDS, AAUP, and ACM) and interested parties on campus (e.g., student researchers).
The values of our office include accuracy, clarity, integrity, and creativity.