Online Training for Human Subjects Research
Training is available to members of the Macalester community through the CITI program. IRB members, principal investigators, and undergraduate investigators are encouraged to complete training. You will need to register an account in order to access training.
To register an account with Macalester:
Navigate to the main CITI program page.
- Select “register.”
- Search for Macalester College
- Affirm that you are affiliated with Macalester College.
- Click “Continue.”
- Provide your name and a valid email address. Click “continue to step 3.”
- Create a username and password and select a security question and answer. Click “continue to step 4.”
- Indicate country of residence and contact preferences. Click “continue to step 5.”
- Indicate “No” when prompted to express interest in receiving Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credit for completed CITI Program courses. Click “continue to step 6.”
- Complete the required fields and select the most appropriate entry for “role in research.” Click “continue to step 7.”
- Select curriculum appropriate to your role. Faculty and Staff should select training for Social & Behavioral Research Investigator. Students should select training for “students conducting no more than minimal risk research.” IRB members should select training for “IRB members.” Responses to questions 2 & 3 are optional; these are not required to complete registration.
Once training is completed, you will be able to generate a completion certificate.