DeWitt Wallace Library Policies
Responsible Use Policy
The DeWitt Wallace Library strives to create a welcoming and productive space for the Macalester community and our neighbors. The library supports the educational, research, and study needs of current Macalester students, faculty and staff. We aim to provide tools and services that support curiosity, exploration, and lifelong learning. It is our expectation that library users treat this space, our collections, and each other with respect and courtesy at all times.
The following guidelines are in place to protect the rights and safety of everyone in the library.
- Harassment, hate, inappropriate, or disruptive acts in any form will not be tolerated.
- Priority use of spaces and resources will be given to Macalester students, faculty and staff.
- Individual and group study rooms use is dedicated to Macalester students, faculty and staff.
- Research and technical assistance to non-Macalester individuals is provided on a limited basis.
- The library adheres to the campus poster guidelines. Additional policies apply to posters in the Link.
- Adults who bring minors into the library are responsible for their safety and conduct.
- Animals, other than service animals and scheduled campus therapy animals, are not allowed.
- Solicitation is not permitted in the library or on adjacent grounds.
The library maintains the right to limit or refuse access to individuals or groups who fail to comply with these guidelines.
If you have any questions about our policies, please stop by and talk to us or send us a message through our Ask Us service.