Welcome new students! Congratulations on becoming a Macalester Scot!
New Student Orientation will take place August 29-September 2, 2019. Orientation is a five day experience that will acquaint you with the culture, services, and resources as you transition into the campus community. By the end of new student orientation you will:
- Connect with other new students and find out what it means to be part of the Macalester community.
- Learn to navigate campus and discover the rich diversity in and around the Twin Cities.
- Meet with college representatives to learn how to succeed in and outside of the classroom.
- Become familiar with resources that are important to making campus your new home.
Bookmark this page in your favorites as it is designed to assist you in keeping track of important information and specific tasks you will need to finish before coming to campus. Use this site as your portal to that information and more about the College.
Questions about when to arrive to campus?
- New Student Move-in will take place the morning of August 29, 2019.
- Students that are participating in pre-Orientation programs and fall student athletes will move-in prior to August 29. Additional details will be provided by Residential Life at a later date.
Parent and Family Orientation
Parents and family members are welcome to attend orientation with their student. There will be events for parents and family members to attend on Thursday, August 29 through Friday, August 30, 2019. Join us to learn more about the resources available to your student, witness campus traditions, and interact with faculty, staff, and other families.
We look forward to seeing you on August 29, 2019!
Navigating the New Student Portal
The New Student Portal houses all the required forms you need to complete before the listed deadlines. You must use your Macalester credentials to log in. The New Student Portal will be available beginning May 21, 2019.