Welcome new students! Congratulations on becoming a Macalester Scot!
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation will take place Friday, August 28 through Tuesday, September 1, 2020. Orientation is a five day experience that will acquaint you with the culture, services, and resources as you transition into the campus community. By the end of new student orientation you will:
- Establish a sense of belonging
- Familiarize yourself with campus
- Identify support resources
- Learn the core values of the Macalester community
- Understand academic expectations
- Understand what is expected as a member of a residential community
Bookmark this page in your favorites as it is designed to assist you in keeping track of important information and specific tasks you will need to finish before coming to campus.
Questions about when to arrive to campus?
- New Student Move-in will take place the morning of August 28, 2020.
- Students that are participating in pre-Orientation programs and fall student athletes will move-in prior to August 28. Additional details will be provided by Residential Life at a later date.
Parent and Family Orientation
Parents and family members are welcome to attend orientation with their student. There will be events for parents and family members to attend on Friday, August 28 through Saturday, August 29, 2020. Join us to learn more about the resources available to your student, witness campus traditions, and interact with faculty, staff, and other families.
We look forward to seeing you on August 28, 2020!