The Theater and Dance major consists of 36 credits. With prior approval, one transfer course or one study abroad course may be used toward the major.
- Introductory course:
- THDA 105 - Seeing Performance in the Twin Cities or
THDA 110 - Introduction to the Study of Performance
- Additional courses:
- THDA 217 - Gender and Race Theory in Performance
- THDA 235 - Fundamentals of Scenography
- THDA 245 - Performance Methods: Shakespeare to Butoh
- THDA 490 - Capstone and Honors Seminar
- Production Practice:
- Theater and/or Dance Criticism:
- One course in Theatre and/or Dance criticism selected in consultation with the department
- Elective courses:
- Eight credits of elective courses offered by the Theater and Dance Department
To request that a given course count toward a major or minor requirement, students should submit the syllabus and explanation to the Department Coordinator for faculty consideration. This includes transfer and study away courses.
International Baccalaureate (IB) courses do not count toward the major or minors. Higher level (HL) IB courses may be submitted to the registrar for college credit consideration.