2019 Spring Samplers for Admitted Students
Spring Samplers for admitted Class of 2023 students will provide a broad sampling of Macalester life. You may choose to participate in both Thursday (can include an overnight in a residence hall with a volunteer host) and Friday activities or in Friday activities only. Limited overnight stays are available on a first come first served basis. Parents are welcome to attend the presentations on both Thursday and Friday.
- 8 a.m. Check-in begins in Ruth Stricker Dayton Campus Center
- 9:15 a.m. Welcome in Ruth Stricker Dayton Campus Center
- 9:40 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Choose from activities including class visits, campus tours, information sessions, lunch on us, and more to create a schedule that works for you. A detailed schedule will be provided at registration. If you have questions, please call our office directly at (800) 231-7974. Registration will be available August 1, 2019.
- 8:30 a.m. Check-in begins in Ruth Stricker Dayton Campus Center
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome to Macalester - Information Session
- 9:40 a.m. - 2:15 p.m. Guests will learn about study-away and internship opportunities, tour campus, attend a sample class taught by faculty, and interact with current students. A detailed schedule will be provided at check-in.
- Noon Lunch will be provided.
Fall Samplers, October 18, 2019 and November 8, 2019
Fall Samplers in October and November offer the opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to experience campus over a full day of activities including campus tours, class visits, information sessions, and more!
Junior Visit Day, February 17, 2020
Junior Visit Day provides an introduction to Macalester for high school juniors. This five-hour program includes information sessions, sample classes, a campus tour, and more. Seniors are also welcome to attend; individualized class visits will be available for seniors in the afternoon.