The Assessment Office at Macalester collaborates with campus partners to provide actionable feedback for improving the educational experience at Macalester. Systematic assessment and documentation of these efforts are critical components of accreditation. Our work is guided by:
- Engaging assessment as a tool for building an equitable and inclusive campus environment;
- An unwavering commitment to ethical practices in research and use of data;
- Expertise in qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research, from thoughtful and flexible design through insights to inform practices;
- Facilitating connections between the college’s mission, student learning outcomes, curricular and co-curricular learning experiences, and assessment;
- Engaging assessment as a focus of faculty and staff development to help individuals, departments, and programs increase the effectiveness of their own approaches to assessment and evaluation.
Please use the menu on the left for further information about key areas of assessment at Macalester. The Associate Director of Assessment and the Director of Institutional Research & Assessment serve as the resources for assessment at Macalester. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we may be of assistance. Contact us!
Macalester creates opportunities for student learning through its commitment to a liberal arts education and an emphasis on learning that addresses students’ intellectual, personal, and social development. Macalester prepares students for productive engagement with an increasingly connected and diverse global society where cross-cultural expertise is more crucial than ever before.