Michelle Neary ’11 earned a Ph.D. in chemistry from Columbia University.

AP/IB Policy: Any student who received a 4 or 5 on the AP Chemistry Test, or 5 or more on the IB Chemistry Test, can enroll directly in Chemistry 115 or Chemistry 112.   If AP students wish to receive credit for Chemistry 111, and not just advanced placement, they must provide documentation of their AP chemistry lab work to Dr. Marc Rodwogin, the Chemistry Department laboratory supervisor.  Students who qualify to place out of Chemistry 111 are welcome to take this course anyway.  However, note that if you take Chemistry 111, but do not receive a grade of C- or higher or if you withdraw from the course, you may not then use your AP or IB test score to place into Chemistry 112.

Should I take the chemistry placement test? If you would like to enroll in Accelerated General Chemistry (115) or skip General Chemistry I (111) and enroll directly into General Chemistry II (112) at any point in your college career and you did NOT receive a 4 or 5 on the chemistry AP test or a 5 or better on the IB chemistry exam, then the online chemistry placement test is for you. Students wishing to take the Chemistry Placement Test should contact Dr. Marc Rodwogin, the Chemistry Department laboratory supervisor.  .  Note that only students who have not previously enrolled in Chemistry 111 are eligible to take the placement test.

Revised January 2023