Racial Justice Project Fund
Through the generosity of contributions to the Macalester Fund’s Racial Equity Support designation, the college is able to offer funding for programs, projects, and events that advance racial justice at Macalester. All students, faculty, and staff are eligible to submit proposals. Proposals are reviewed by a committee of staff, faculty, and students. Projects may include speakers and events, art exhibits and installations, performances, partner programs with community organizations, and reading and dialogue groups. Collaborative, creative, and innovative projects are especially encouraged.
Parameters of funding
- Funds may not be used for faculty or staff, salaries, work-study, or student scholarships.
- No more than 25 percent of the total budget may be used for food and travel expenses.
- A maximum of $5,000 is available per project, per academic year.
- Proposals must include intended outcomes and assessment criteria.
- Funding may not be used for co-sponsorship of established annual events or programs at Macalester.
- Funds may not be given directly to community organizations or agencies.
- Projects that have previously received funding from the Racial Justice Project fund are ineligible for resubmission.
- Proposals must be submitted the semester prior to project implementation.
- Proposal Deadline: March 24, 2024
Notification Date: April 12, 2024
Implementation Period: September 2024-January 2025
Spring Information Sessions
Institutional Equity will host information sessions to help students and student groups better understand the Racial Justice Project Fund purpose, process, and expectations. The information session for the Spring 2024 application cycle will be held Thursday, March 21 from 12-1pm. RSVP to attend here.
Recent Past Projects
Publicity on recent past projects: