Macalester maintains a fleet of passenger vans that are available for rental by recognized student organizations, staff, and faculty under the following guidelines.
- Requests must be submitted to the Facilities Office 10 business days prior to departure date. Vans are rented on a first come, first serve basis.
- Cancellations: The Facilities Office must be notified of any cancellations three business days prior to departure date or the group will still be charged for use of the van(s).
- Rental Rates: $57.00 per day and .45 cents per mile.
- Van driver training: All van drivers are required to attend and pass classroom and behind the wheel van training
- Groups traveling 400 or more miles one way must submit a Van Reservation Request form and a Sponsor and Itinerary Form.
Van Reservation Forms
- Motor Pool Regulations (PDF)
- Motorpool Vehicle Safety Protocols (PDF)
- Zone Map for Travel (PDF)
- HOURCAR Transportation Info (PDF)
Personal Vehicle Parking Permits
Regular parkers are required to obtain a parking permit and display a college issued decal in the rearmost drivers side window of their vehicle. All parking spaces are first come, first serve, unless otherwise signed or reserved. There is no charge for permits for students, staff, faculty, and visitors. Because of limited parking space, we encourage Alternative means of commuting
- Parking permits can be obtained in person at the Facilities Services Office during College business hours.
- Visitor parking spots are reserved for visitors to the campus and are not for the use of students, staff, or faculty. Violators will be ticketed or towed at the owner’s expense
- Resident student registration is valid for one year, September to August. Non-resident student registration is valid for one semester at a time.
- First year students are not eligible to park on campus; medical and work-related exceptions may be requested from Bill Collumbien, Associate Director of Security at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not have a valid parking permit, you may receive a parking violation. All violation fees may be paid at the Facilities Services Office during business hours.
- Long term parkers are required to use the Janet Wallace Fine Arts Lot.