- Facilities Services Ticket (online)
- Campus House Supply Order Form
- COVID-19 Disinfectant Supply Request
Understanding that resources are hard to come by, Facilities Services is able to provide the following items to departments, labs, and classrooms:
- Spray bottles with an EPA approved disinfectant
- Paper Towels
- Additional Purell dispensers across campus
- An extremely limited stock of disposable disinfectant wipes (to be used only with items like electronics that cannot be sprayed with disinfectant).
Please submit a request for supplies ticket when a refill or product is needed.
Facilities Services is not able to provide individual desktop hand sanitizer units. There will be a limited stock that can be requested through the Mailing Services, or feel free to work with your department as you normally would.
Why use a ticket system?
Facilities Services asks that all non-emergency requests be entered in the ticket system. Making requests in this way ensures that there is a permanent record of the request and allows us to track what we are doing, who requested it, when it was requested, etc. Requests made via email, phone call, or face-to-face should also be entered as tickets to ensure the work is completed and properly tracked.
What can be requested through the ticket system?
Facilities Services is charged with maintenance, repair, and construction on campus. We are responsible for everything from sweeping the floors to managing new building construction. As a result, we manage a wide variety of customer needs. Below is partial list of the services that can be requested through the ticket system.
- Custodial needs
- Electrical issues
- Furniture (repair issues, moves, and requests for new furniture)
- Grounds and landscaping
- Plumbing issues
- Project management and planning
- Safety concerns
- Security concerns
- Signage (wayfinding, building, and workstation)
- TEM requests (under $2500 or help with estimates, planning, etc)
- Temperature issues
- Trash, recycling, and composting
When will my ticket be completed?
Tickets are normally completed in 10 to 14 days. Delays can occur if requests are incomplete, parts need to be ordered, the request is complicated or requires special funding, and during busy times such as the beginning and end of semesters. Tickets may be rejected if incomplete, funding is not available, or the request is not in keeping with the priorities and policies of Macalester College.
Emergency maintenance needs
Requests to address leaks, loud noises, smoke, or other urgently needed maintenance should be made by calling Facilities Services at 651-696-6278 during the business hours of 8am-4:30pm or Public Safety at 651-696-6555 after hours.
Please be prepared to provide the following information for emergency requests:
- Building name and room location
- Your name and telephone number
- A description of the emergency needing attention