Note: If you are a Macalester employee interested in living near campus, please call our office about available housing.
Property listings on this page are limited to a one-mile radius around the college campus. Exceptions will be made for current Macalester faculty and staff.
How to Request a Listing
- Complete the Housing for Sale or Rent Form
- Submit up to four JPEG photos to email@example.com
Please contact us when your property has rented or sold. Listings older than 90 days will be cleared.
Duplex for Rent, 3512 33rd Ave S and 3514 33rd Ave S, Minneapolis
Price: $1200/month, plus utilities
Description: Just across the river from Mac-Groveland area, in Longfellow neighborhood of Minneapolis.
Walk to light rail, Peace Coffee, Walgreen's, and restaurants. Close to Lake St, several banks, Target, and Mississippi River.
House has two 2-bedroom apartments (upstairs and downstairs). Wood floors, radiator heat, insulated Pella windows, large front porch, large fenced backyard, off-street parking and free use of garage. Both units currently available. Unfurnished, but can be furnished if needed. No-smoking, no pets.
Contact: Chuck Krumrire at 612-821-4877
3++ BR Duplex unit for Rent, 1916 Laurel Avenue #2, St. Paul
Description: Huge space on two floors. Entire 2nd and 3rd floors of this classic 1908 Merriam Park duplex, featuring classic woodwork and built-ins. Updated and renovated bathrooms and kitchen. Fully renovated 3rd floor with laundry and 8 skylights. Fantastic neighbors and close to everything! 1 garage space plus off street parking. Oversized yard with patio and privacy fence. Relaxing, full 2nd story front porch overlooking the street. 2nd floor rooms: Mud room, Living room, Porch, Dining room, Den, Kitchen, Study, Sunroom and Full Bath. 3rd floor rooms: Laundry, 3/4 bath, Master Bedroom, 2nd Bedroom and 3rd Bedroom.
Contact: Katya 651-362-0628
Apartment for Rent - 1860 Saint Clair Avenue
Price: $1100 per month
This renovated 2 BR apartment is the lower unit in a turn of the century duplex. It features large living and dining rooms that are great for entertaining. Adjacent is a full kitchen. The two bedrooms are equal in size and have built-in closets. The bathroom has lots of natural daylight. There is also a 3-season front porch.
The entire unit was renovated two years ago. The duplex also has new windows, heating system and boilers. You will love your utility bill!
The location is in walking distance to the three colleges in the area as well as many restaurants and grocery stores.
Contact: Steve, firstname.lastname@example.org
Did not find what you are looking for? Here are more resources:
- Our office has first hand recommendations for Realtor Steve Townley who lives a block from Macalester and has decades of experience finding housing for people in this neighborhood.
- Satisfied customers highly recommended Realtor Natasha Cejudo, a Mac alum that lives near Macalester with area expertise and a long list of Mac Alum clients.
- Padmapper, Zumper, Zillow, and Apartment List offer easy ways to search for housing in the neighborhood that has been advertised online.
- Many landlords post signs on properties for rent, so driving the neighborhood where you would like to live is a very good idea.
- Finally, the neighborhood's free bi-weekly neighborhood newspaper, The Villager, has a few listings. However, it is only available in print.