Note: If you are a Macalester employee interested in living near campus, please call our office about available housing.
Property listings on this page are limited to a one-mile radius around the college campus. Exceptions will be made for current Macalester faculty and staff.
How to Request a Listing
- Complete the Housing for Sale or Rent Form
- Submit up to four JPEG photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us when your property has rented or sold. Listings older than 90 days will be cleared.
Apartment for Rent, 580 Snelling Avenue South, St. Paul, October 1st
Description: Semi-furnished one-bedroom condo available October 1. Lots of light and character, 2nd floor of 5-unit building. Open floor plan with living/office area adjacent to kitchen/dining. Hardwood floors throughout. Rent includes heat, internet, garage stall, basement storage area, and shared laundry. Backyard garden patio. One or two cats OK; no smoking. Lease negotiable; at least 8 months preferred.
Contact: Mindy Keskinen 612-860-6091
Home for Rent - 689 Sue Place
Price: $1000/Month depending on number of occupants and flexibility of schedule
Description: 3 bdrm 2.5 bath furnished home in Highland Park, St Paul just 1.5 miles from Mac. Large master suite, two bedrooms, LR, family room, dining room, fireplace, outdoor patio, open floor plan. Internet and utilities provided. Available mid-October through May 31st. Owners wintering south looking for as much for care taking as renting.
Contact: Lee Stocking, 651-357-0110
House for Rent, Spring Term - 1733 James Ave., St. Paul
Price: $1800/month, includes some utilities
Description: Cozy, well-maintained 2 BR, 1.5 Bath, fully furnished house for rent during my sabbatical, spring term 2018. Partially finished basement with laundry. Steinway Model A grand piano, newly remodeled kitchen, two car garage, within easy walking distance of Macalester, shops, restaurants, parks. Multigenerational, friendly neighborhood. Ideal for 1, 2 or 3 people.
Contact: Dr. Kathy Thomsen, email@example.com
Apartment for Rent - 1860 Saint Clair Avenue
Price: $1100 per month
This renovated 2 BR apartment is the lower unit in a turn of the century duplex. It features large living and dining rooms that are great for entertaining. Adjacent is a full kitchen. The two bedrooms are equal in size and have built-in closets. The bathroom has lots of natural daylight. There is also a 3-season front porch.
The entire unit was renovated two years ago. The duplex also has new windows, heating system and boilers. You will love your utility bill!
The location is in walking distance to the three colleges in the area as well as many restaurants and grocery stores.
Contact: Steve, firstname.lastname@example.org
Did not find what you are looking for? Here are more resources:
- Our office has first hand recommendations for Realtor Steve Townley who lives a block from Macalester and has decades of experience finding housing for people in this neighborhood.
- Satisfied customers highly recommended Realtor Natasha Cejudo, a Mac alum that lives near Macalester with area expertise and a long list of Mac Alum clients.
- Padmapper, Zumper, Zillow, and Apartment List offer easy ways to search for housing in the neighborhood that has been advertised online.
- Many landlords post signs on properties for rent, so driving the neighborhood where you would like to live is a very good idea.
- Finally, the neighborhood's free bi-weekly neighborhood newspaper, The Villager, has a few listings. However, it is only available in print.