1600 Grand Avenue
Note: If you are a Macalester employee interested in living near campus, please call our office about available housing.
Property listings on this page are limited to a one-mile radius around the college campus. Exceptions will be made for current Macalester faculty and staff.
How to Request a Listing
- Complete the Housing for Sale or Rent Form
- Submit up to four JPEG photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us when your property has rented or sold. Listings older than 90 days will be cleared.
House for rent - 514 Hamline Avenue South
Lovely, spacious 4 bedroom/3 bath Highland Park home located across from Cretin Derham and just steps from The Nook, Cold Front, & additional retail and dining. A block from the city bus line (Randolph/Hamline). Hardwood floors throughout the main floor, Cambria counters, brand new carpet upstairs and basement, two fireplaces, over-sized 2 car garage, three season porch, fenced yard, finished basement, upstairs loft, and huge walk-in closet. Mature, RESPONSIBLE, non-smokers only. Tenant is responsible for utilities and snow removal. Deposit, insurance, and references required. Available through March 2017, or longer as negotiated. $2395 per month
Contact: Dawn Bakst email@example.com
House for Sale - 1835 St. Clair - Price Reduced
5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 car garage
House is currently registered as student housing in St Paul's student housing overlay program
Updated kitchen and bathroom
Charming woodwork, front porch and sunroom!
$310,000 purchase price
Contact: Michelle Chalifoux, 651-485-2899, firstname.lastname@example.org
House for Sale - 2116 Lincoln - Price Reduced!
Four levels of gracious living in historic Macalester-Groveland. This double-brick Queen Anne commissioned by Archbishop John Ireland in the late 19th century has a history almost as long as the neighborhood, retaining much of its vintage appeal with many modern luxuries and conveniences. Recent updates include a media room, a sunroom, solar panels, spacious gourmet kitchen, and a newly constructed two-car garage.A unique blend of past, present and future all within one of the city's best areas! Price: $695,000. Contact: Natasha Cejudo, email@example.com.
Did not find what you are looking for? Here are more resources:
- Our office has first hand recommendations for Realtor Steve Townley who lives a block from Macalester and has decades of experience finding housing for people in this neighborhood.
- Satisfied customers highly recommended Realtor Natasha Cejudo, a Mac alum that lives near Macalester with area expertise and a long list of Mac Alum clients.
- Padmapper, Zumper, Zillow, and Apartment List offer easy ways to search for housing in the neighborhood that has been advertised online.
- Many landlords post signs on properties for rent, so driving the neighborhood where you would like to live is a very good idea.
- Finally, the neighborhood's free bi-weekly neighborhood newspaper, The Villager, has a few listings. However, it is only available in print.