The Kofi Annan Institute for Global Citizenship fosters global citizenship by advancing scholarship, reflection, and ethical action in our local, national, and international communities.
A unique feature of Macalester College, the Kofi Annan Institute for Global Citizenship (IGC) houses diverse programs that connect rigorous academics with hands-on experience and exploration outside the classroom. From the annual International Roundtable to internships, study away, and civic engagement, our programs unite students, faculty, and community partners toward the common purpose of advancing scholarship, reflection, and ethical action. More
Faculty & Staff
The Institute for Global Citizenship is pleased to announce that the 2019 Macalester Faculty Development International Seminar (FDIS) will take place in South Africa. Generously funded by the Mellon Foundation’s Renewed Purpose: Macalester College’s Institute for Global Citizenship grant, the seminar will explore questions related to the theme of 25 Years After Apartheid: Producing, Masking, and Resisting Inequalities.
Dates for the seminar are January 1-17, 2019. The attached information sheet provides more detail about the seminar and theme and a link to the application form.
Applications are open to all continuing faculty and staff. Preference will be given to full-time faculty and staff whose participation will have an ongoing, direct impact on student learning or faculty development or scholarship (academic or public) at Macalester. Faculty members from all divisions and at all stages of their careers are encouraged to apply. The application window has closed for the opportunity.
- If you have questions about the seminar or application process, please contact Donna Maeda (email@example.com) or Dianna Shandy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Course Development Funds: We invite proposals for funding to develop courses that will fulfill the U.S. Identities and Differences and/or Internationalism general education requirements. Proposals to develop a new course or significantly revise an existing course are welcome. For further information and a link to the proposal form, please click here. The application window has closed for this opportunity.
- Urban Faculty Colloquium (UFC): We invite applications for a May 2018 UFC in the Twin Cities to connect internationalism and multiculturalism to community-based learning and urban engagement, as part of teaching and other work with students. For further information and a link to the application form, please click here. The application window has closed for this opportunity.
- ***Faculty may apply for both the Course Development Funds and the UFC.
- 2018 Global Citizenship Student Award
Nominations have now closed for the 2018 GCSA Award. – In these challenging times, it is vital we remember that Macalester champions the development of young people who are thoughtful, passionate, and engaged citizens of this world. The Global Citizenship Student Award, presented annually by Macalester College, goes to the graduating seniors who best demonstrate a commitment to the ideals and practice of internationalism, multiculturalism, civic engagement, and high academic performance,. We strongly encourage nominations from the Humanities, Sciences, Fine Arts, and Social Sciences. Visit the GCSA Web Page for more info, or contact Matthew Katsaros at x6382, email@example.com.
IGC Photo Contest Deadline Today
Returnee Lunch Series: Family, Friendships, Flirtationships, Frenemies - Processing and Maintaining Relationships Away and at Home
Workshop: Bringing Critical University Studies to the small liberal arts context
Collaborative Research and the Future of Higher Education: Building Diverse Campus-Community Partnerships
Workshop: Interpretive Research Outside the Institution: grassroots research and collaborative study.
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – Noon