The Institute for Global Citizenship fosters global citizenship by advancing scholarship, reflection, and ethical action in our local, national, and international communities.
Internships completed for academic credit in 2015-2016.
Community-based learning courses that integrate local projects.
Students studying away in 2015-2016.
Number of countries where students have studied in the last four years.
A unique feature of Macalester College, the Institute for Global Citizenship (IGC) houses diverse programs that connect rigorous academics with hands-on experience and exploration outside the classroom. From the annual International Roundtable to internships, study away, and civic engagement, our programs unite students, faculty, and community partners toward the common purpose of advancing scholarship, reflection, and ethical action. More
- Mar 28 Ethics and the Professions: Expanding One’s Vocational Context. How Values Transcend Sectors
- Mar 30 Returnee Lunch Series: Connection & Community
- Mar 30 A Night of Failure
- Apr 6 Returnee Lunch Series: Sustaining International Identity
- Apr 13 Returnee Lunch Series: Maintaining Relationships
- Apr 20 Returnee Lunch Series: Athletes Abroad
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – Noon