The Institute for Global Citizenship fosters global citizenship by advancing scholarship, reflection, and ethical action in our local, national, and international communities.
Internships completed for academic credit in 2015-2016.
Community-based learning courses that integrate local projects.
Students studying away in 2015-2016.
Number of countries where students have studied in the last four years.
A unique feature of Macalester College, the Institute for Global Citizenship (IGC) houses diverse programs that connect rigorous academics with hands-on experience and exploration outside the classroom. From the annual International Roundtable to internships, study away, and civic engagement, our programs unite students, faculty, and community partners toward the common purpose of advancing scholarship, reflection, and ethical action. More
- Sep 19 First Steps to Study Away INFO Session for Fall 2018 & Spring 2019
- Sep 19 First Steps to Study Away INFO Session for Fall 2018 & Spring 2019 at 4:45 pm
- Sep 20 Seeds of Memory: Food Legacies of the Transatlantic Slave Trade
- Sep 21 Organization for Tropical Studies (OTS) Duke University Campus Visit
- Sep 22 Extension Deadline for Registering a Fall Internship (only with permission from Internship Program)
- Sep 23 Day 2 - ESL Training by Minnesota Literacy Council
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – Noon