The Institute for Global Citizenship fosters global citizenship by advancing scholarship, reflection, and ethical action in our local, national, and international communities.
Internships completed for academic credit in 2015-2016.
Community-based learning courses that integrate local projects.
Students studying away in 2015-2016.
Number of countries where students have studied in the last four years.
A unique feature of Macalester College, the Institute for Global Citizenship (IGC) houses diverse programs that connect rigorous academics with hands-on experience and exploration outside the classroom. From the annual International Roundtable to internships, study away, and civic engagement, our programs unite students, faculty, and community partners toward the common purpose of advancing scholarship, reflection, and ethical action. More
- Sep 8 Rummage Sale
- Sep 15 Deadline to Register a Fall Internship
- Sep 15 Org Fair and Taste of Service
- Sep 16 Day 1 - ESL Training by Minnesota Literacy Council
- Sep 22 Extension Deadline for Registering a Fall Internship (only with permission from Internship Program)
- Sep 23 Day 2 - ESL Training by Minnesota Literacy Council
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – Noon