Critical Dialogue Series
The LSC Critical Dialogue Series invites us to listen to voices that affirm, contradict, and challenge our worldviews. This series aims to equip our community with the tools to navigate complex and difficult topics, interrogate our lived experiences, and embrace the contradictions inherent in real-world issues.
Critical Dialogue Series Goals:
- Listen to voices and perspectives that affirm, contradict, or challenge our views.
- Build the skills needed to engage and navigate complex and difficult topics.
- Reflect on and interrogate our understandings and lived experiences of the topic/issue.
- Reflect on the contradictions and develop a more nuanced understanding of the issue.
Is there a topic you’d like to see addressed as part of the Critical Dialogue Series? Let us know here!
Our first Critical Dialogue Series of the spring semester explored the multifaceted history of Palestine, incorporating personal narratives to illuminate the lived experiences of Palestinians within the broader historical context of Palestine and Israel. Through storytelling, participants gained a deeper understanding of the profound impact Zionism has had on the Palestinian people and the land that sustains them.
Join us for upcoming events! Programs are typically offered monthly from 4:30-6pm on Thursday. More information can be found by following us on Instagram: @lsc_mac.
- Critical Dialogue Series: International/Domestic Student Panel – Thursday, March 28 from 4:30-6pm
- Critical Dialogue Series: Cultural House Film Screening and Dialogue – Thursday, April 11 from 4:30-6pm
- Critical Dialogue Series: Affirmative Action 101
- Critical Dialogue Series: Affirmative Action @ Mac