DML Mission Statement
The mission of the Department of Multicultural Life (DML) is to provide transformative leadership in creating a Macalester community that is equitable, inclusive, and socially just for everyone.
- Foster and promote a welcoming and pluralistic environment that is inclusive of the entire college community.
- Identify, assess, and promote social justice for the campus community.
- Integrate and affirm the peoples, discourses, thoughts, and experiences of marginalized people into the fabric of the Macalester community.
- Create partnerships with academic and administrative departments to infuse anti-oppression education throughout all aspects of campus life.
Interested in Engaging with the DML?
Let us know by completing our DML Interest Sheet
Our annual end of the year event celebrates and recognizes students, staff, and faculty for their contributions to multicultural education on campus throughout the year.
This annual celebration is a recognition and celebration of Macalester's LGBTQ graduating seniors. Sponsored by the DML, Campus Programs, Alumni Relations, and the Office of Student Affairs/Fund for Lavender Life.
Rites of Passage
This annual graduation ceremony recognizes and honors the contributions of Macalester's graduating students of color. Sponsored by the DML and the Alumni Office.
- Feb 28 In the Kitchen With Queer Union
- Mar 1 Saint Paul Native Redbone Singers
- Mar 1 Celebrating Women’s History Month-Violence on the Land and Our Bodies: The Impact of the Oil Industry on Indigenous Women
- Mar 30 Family Matters: Coping with Challenging Families at Graduation