DML Mission Statement
The mission of the Department of Multicultural Life (DML) is to provide transformative leadership in creating a culture of diversity and justice that enables all Macalester students to respond to the complexities of the national and larger international community. With other College faculty and staff, the DML staff shares responsibility to maintain a living/learning environment for students that respects multiple perspectives and works towards equity and social justice for everyone.
- We offer opportunities for students and others to explore identity and connections with others who might be similar and different than themselves
- We connect underrepresented students to resources that foster their holistic student success
- We provide opportunities for transformative leadership development for students
- We provide opportunities for the Macalester community to engage in meaningful dialogue about multicultural, diversity, and social justice issues
- We provide culturally responsive resources for faculty, staff, and students so that their practices might be more equitable
We would like to take a moment to honor the fact that we are on Dakota land. This is the ancestral homeland of the Dakota people (particularly the Sisseton and Wahpeton bands) who were forcibly exiled from the land because of aggressive and persistent settler colonialism. I make this acknowledgement to honor the Dakota people, ancestors and descendants, as well as the land itself.
Stay up to date on Multicultural events/programming happening on campus by following the Multiculturalism@Mac Google Calendar.