- When do I get paid?
- I was expecting a check and didn’t receive it. What should I do?
- How much did I get paid in a given pay period?
- Can my paycheck be direct deposited into my personal bank account?
- Can my paycheck be applied to my Macalester Student Accounts?
- I wonder what my check will look like if I change my tax exemptions or benefits?
- I’ve lost my check! What do I do to get it replaced?
- How is my rate of pay calculated?
- What are my tax withholdings?
- Where can I learn more about Student Employment?
Refer to the Payroll Calendar.
Refer to the Payroll Calendar or check with your Supervisor.
Payment records can be viewed on 1600grand.
- Click on the Money Matters tab.
- Find the Payroll channel.
- Click on Pay Stub.
Detailed earnings and deductions information can be accessed by following the same directions above and clicking on “Earnings History” or “Deductions History” located at the bottom of the Pay Stub page.
You can set up Direct Deposit by downloading and completing the Direct Deposit Authorization Form (PDF).Deliver the completed form to the Payroll Department at 77 Mac, Suite 302.
Download and complete the Student Employment Check Authorization Form (PDF) to authorize Macalester College to deposit their Student Employment work-study earnings directly on to their student billing account. Please return this completed form to the cashier in the Student Accounts Office. Work study will be credited to the student’s billing account as it is earned and only if it is authorized to do so.
Visit Paycheck City and try out the paycheck calculators to view your net pay based on different tax withholding options. Download and review the Paycheck City instructions (PDF) for the details from your Macalester College payroll check needed to run different scenarios.
If a check is lost, destroyed, or stolen, it should be reported to the Payroll Department. The Payroll Department will place a stop payment upon the check in question. There is a $20.00 stop payment fee. Once payroll receives confirmation that the check has not been cashed, a replacement check will be issued. This process can take up to 48 hours to complete.
All questions concerning staff rates of pay should be directed to Student Employment under Pay Rates.
Student Employment is a part of Employment Services. More information about Student Employment can be found on the Student Employment website.