Before you register for classes, you must meet with your adviser and obtain their approval to begin registering. That approval will come in the form of a six digit PIN given to you by your adviser–the PIN allows you to register for classes once your start day and time have come. Instructions on how to register in 1600grand are located at the bottom of this page.
- Spring 2018 Registration Begins November 13(see #2 below)
- Spring 2018 Registration Ends December 1
- Classes Begin on January 18!
- Drop/Add Deadline is February 2.
- Grading Option Deadline is February 16
Things to Remember
You will be charged a $100 late fee (and have to wait until the start of the new semester) if you don’t register by December 1, so pay close attention to your registration start time and the registration deadline.
You will need the PIN that comes from your adviser any time you want to change your registration on the web–save it. The PIN must be six digits for registering for Spring.
ACTC Courses must be registered for in person at the Registrar’s Office with a blue cross-registration form.
All tutorials (601-604), independent projects (611-614), internships (621-624), preceptorships (631-634) and Honors independent projects (641-644) must be registered for in person at the Registrar’s Office with the appropriate signed form. The signatures of the sponsoring professor and the department chair are required for all independents and tutorials. Internships and preceptorships require learning contracts. For internships, the contracts are available at the Internship Office and registrations must be signed for by the Director of the Internship Program, Michael Porter. Preceptorship learning contracts are available at the Office of Academic Programs, and registrations must be signed for by the Director of Academic Programs and Advising, Ann Minnick. Not all departments grade these the same way–check in the college catalog.
You cannot register for more than 18 credits via the web. If you want to register for more than 18 credits, you must do so in person in the Registrar’s Office. No student can register for more than 20 credits. You may find fee information in the college catalog.
If you are having trouble getting registered, please give us a call at x6200 or stop by the Registrar’s Office.
- Advising. Before you can register for next semester you must meet with your adviser. When your adviser is satisfied that you’ve met your advising obligations, they will give you a PIN (four digits for registering for fall and six digits for registering for spring). You will need the PIN when you begin registering and also to make changes to your registration, so hang on to it.
- Start time. Go to the Spring 2018 Registration Times to determine the first time you can register. If your registration start time falls during a class, you should register following your class. You have from that start time until the last day of registration to register and make changes. Once registration ends you will not be able to make changes until the new semester begins.
- On the Academics tab of 1600grand, click Enter Registration.
- Plan Ahead. An optional function to create plans of possible schedules to use once your registration start time comes. When you search for classes to add to your plan, click “View Sections”
- Register for Classes. Once your start time comes, you can use this path to register. If you created a plan, you can use it here.
- Want more detailed instructions? We’ve found that most students find the system intuitive. If you’re a person who likes a little more instruction, click here.