Reports and Resources
Macalester took a deliberately inclusive approach to strategic planning. We continue to emphasize inclusivity and transparency as we proceed with implementing the Imagine, Macalester plan. Accordingly, we’ve engaged a number of individuals, working groups, and standing committees to advance our thinking about next steps. We invite members of our community to review and consider these resources.
The work products coming from these engagements provide considered and diverse perspectives. The following documents help to shed light on some of the trade-offs being considered as we move forward and as such do not reflect specific actions that will be taken.
August 2023 – July 2024
Video of Task Force on Budget (TFOB) Zero-based budget context, expectations, and processes. This is the set of slides and comments made at the October 19, 2023 Strategic Plan Implementation session for faculty and staff.
Zero-based budget (ZBB) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document created by TFOB to address questions raised at the October 19, 2023 Strategic Plan Implementation session for faculty and staff. (link requires Macalester login)
Video of comments by working group co-chairs for the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
August 2023 written reports from working groups:
- Creating a Student-ready Campus (PDF)
- Fostering Employee Well-being (PDF)
- Immersing Alumni in the Intellectual Life of the College (PDF)
- Student Learning Committee (SLC) (PDF)
- Educational Policy and Governance (EPAG) ad hoc Curriculum Committee (PDF)
October 2022 (plan approved) – July 2023
- Comprehensive Campus Plan
- “Implementing the New Strategic Plan: Reimagining Time at Macalester” (PDF) – Strategic Planning and Analysis (SPA) committee
- “Implementing the New Strategic Plan: Elements of a Developmental Four-Year Experience” (PDF) – Strategic Planning and Analysis (SPA) committee
- “White Paper on the Credit Hour” (PDF) – Dr. Rebecca Ropers (University of Minnesota), Macalester ACE Fellow