Applying to Macalester Through QuestBridge
- Application Deadline October 11
- Decision Notification December 3
Early Decision I
- Application Deadline November 15
- Priority for Financial Aid November 15
- Decision Notification December 15
- Applicant Reply Deadline January 15
Early Decision II
- Application Deadline January 1
- Priority for Financial Aid January 1
- Decision Notification February 1
- Applicant Reply Deadline February 15
- Application Deadline January 15
- Priority for Financial Aid January 15
- Decision Notification March 30
- Applicant Reply Deadline May 1
All students who apply for the QuestBridge National College Match scholarship may use their QuestBridge application to apply to Macalester. Through the process of applying for the QuestBridge National College Match scholarships, applicants become one of four statuses—a National College Match Finalist, a Non-Matched Finalist, a Non-Ranking Finalist, or a Non-Finalist.Macalester is a QuestBridge partner and participant in the QuestBridge National College Match, a college and scholarship application process that helps outstanding low-income high school seniors gain admission and full four-year scholarships to some of the nation’s most selective colleges. We encourage all interested students to explore this partnership at www.questbridge.org/. You will find information about the 39 college partners, including information on National College Match, College Prep Scholarship, and Quest for Excellence Awards.
- National College Match Finalists: Selected by QuestBridge to continue in the match process in September of a student’s senior year. Finalists can then rank up to 12 college partners in preferential order. Finalists who rank Macalester will be considered for the College Match Scholarship. Matched Scholars are announced early December.
- Non-Matched Finalists: Students selected by QuestBridge as Finalists but were not matched to Macalester or other college.
- Non-Ranking Finalists: Students selected by QuestBridge as Finalists but elected not to participate in the College Match program.
- Non-Finalists: Students who applied to the National College Match and did not meet the criteria for QuestBridge Finalists.
Macalester meets 100% of demonstrated financial need for all admitted students. Whether applicants are Non-Matched Finalists, Non-Ranking Finalists, or Non-Finalists, they will be considered for merit scholarship and need-based aid provided they complete the FAFSA, CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE (CSS code: 6390) and submit parent federal income tax returns.
Applying Early Decision I or II Through QuestBridge
Please contact Admissions to be considered for Early Decision. Applicants interested in Early Decision I or II must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “QuestBridge applicant seeking Early Decision” in the subject line.
Applying to Macalester Using the QuestBridge Application
National College Match Application
Complete the National College Match Application by the QuestBridge September deadline for evaluation by the QuestBridge organization. If you are chosen as a QuestBridge Finalist, select Macalester to receive your application. Macalester QuestBridge Application Requirements Page
$40 Application Fee – WAIVED
Applicants using the QuestBridge application will have their application fee waived.
Apply to Mac Form
Non-Matched Finalists, Non-Finalists and Non-Ranking Finalists Only: Complete the Apply to Mac form to authorize Macalester to use your QuestBridge application. Apply to Mac Form
Macalester QuestBridge Supplement
Students applying through QuestBridge may submit an optional Macalester Questbridge Supplement.
ACT or SAT
Submit scores from either the ACT or the SAT. Self-reported test scores will be accepted in the admissions process. Admitted students who decide to enroll will be required to submit official score reports. Macalester’s testing codes are 2122 (ACT) and 6390 (SAT). Testing Policy
High School through Junior Year Transcript
Request that your secondary school(s) send Macalester official transcript(s) of all classes and grades beginning with 9th grade.
CSS/Financial Aid Profile
File online. CSS Profile
Send signed copies of your parents’ most recent federal income tax return.
Optional Arts Portfolio
If you have made a substantial commitment to the arts in the areas of fine arts, music, theater or dance, you are welcome to submit samples in your applicant portal.
Director of Admissions