In order to move into a College-owned on-campus residence hall, students must sign the Macalester Room and Board contract administered by the Office Of Residential Life. That contract includes the following line item concerning network services in residence hall rooms:

“The student shall . . . uphold both the letter and the spirit of Macalester’s Information Technology Responsible Use Policy. I understand this policy and agree to abide by it. I understand that Information Technology Services policy statements govern the support I can reasonably expect, and I agree to abide by these policies as well.”

By signing the Room and Board Contract, students are considered to be requesting a live network connection, whether or not they plan to use this connection. This is the only document students need to sign in order to have a live network jack available to them in an on-campus residence hall; no further application is necessary.