Chair of Latin American Studies; Associate Professor of Anthropology
- Cultural anthropology, memory and secrecy, truth and reconciliation, violence and subjectivity, Latin America
Associate Professor of History
- Andes, cultural history, art and architecture, transnationalism, cartography, transhemispheric imaginaries, urban history, colonial narratives and nostalgia, and Amazonia
- Old Main 302, 651-696-6772
Eric D. Carter
Edens Associate Professor of Geography and Global Health
- He is a medical geographer, with connected interests in people-environment geography and historical geography, and a regional focus on Latin America.
Associate Professor of Economics
- Rural and agricultural development, economic development, education in developing countries, and Central America-U.S. migration
Associate Professor of Political Science
- Comparative politics, Latin American politics, urban social movements
Professor of Spanish & Portuguese
- 20th century Latin American literatures and cultures, race relations and Mestizo cultures, literature of protest movements and subversion in the Andes
Visiting Assistant Professor of Political Science
- Civil wars and conﬂict processes, rebel organizations, Latin American revolutionary politics, international democratic regimes, network analysis
Associate Professor of Spanish & Portuguese; Associate Dean, Institute for Global Citizenship
- Contemporary Latin American narrative, popular culture, gender studies, border studies, and U.S. Latino/a literature
Cecilia Espinosa Arango
Visiting Assistant Professor of Music
- Artistic Director and Conductor for eighteen seasons with EAFIT Symphony Orchestra in Colombia, and guest conductor with orchestras across Columbia and abroad. Specialty in orchestral and choral technique and interpretation.
Visiting Assistant Professor of History
- Latin American history, with a particular interest in the intersection of indigenous politics and the Age of Revolution.
Not Currently Teaching