Chuck Green Fellowship Forms
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm, October 15, 2019
- Chuck Green Endowed Fellowship Application Form (DOC)
- Chuck Green Endowed Fellowship Recommendation Form (DOC)
Who Should Apply?
The six-month fellowship is open to Macalester juniors and sophomores in good academic standing (first preference will be given to juniors). Students of all majors are encouraged to apply. We are particularly interested in applicants who can demonstrate that they work well with others, are courageous, creative, gutsy, conscientious, inventive, hard working, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Fellowship time commitments
- Saturday, January 25-Sunday, January 26, 2020: Required overnight retreat. If you cannot commit to attending the retreat, you should not apply for the fellowship.
- Spring seminar (January 23-April 30, 2020) meets Tuesdays 9:40-11:10 am and Thursdays 8:00 am-11:10 am. Most Thursday meetings include an 8:00 am cohort breakfast or a field trip. Field trips sometimes return to campus at 11:30 am or noon.
- May 18-July 24, 2020: Full-time work with Twin Cities organizational partners, plus weekly Monday evening cohort meetings (7-9 pm). Fellows receive a stipend, ten weeks of on-campus housing, and 1 academic credit for their summer work. Any other paid, unpaid, or voluntary summer work must be discussed with Professor Paul Dosh and clearly indicated on the application.
- Saturday, July 18-Sunday, July 19, 2020: Closing retreat (overnight camping trip or other celebratory excursion planned by the cohort).
- September 2020 (date TBA): Information and recruiting session (some past fellows may be studying away).
- Chuck Green Fellows will actively participate in all class sessions in the spring term, work collaboratively with one another as well as the client partners throughout the fellowship, and be available to serve as peer advisers for the cohort of fellows to follow in their footsteps the next Spring.
A completed application includes four components:
- Application. Download and complete the form and re-title the file “Lastname_Firstname_ChuckGreenApp” Email to email@example.com
- One-page resume. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recommendation from a peer. Download recommendation form here.
- Recommendation from a mentor (e.g., professor, employer, or supervisor). Download recommendation form here.
Deadline for Application, Resume, and Two Recommendations: 11:59 pm, October 15, 2019.
We will not consider incomplete or late applications.
The Chuck Green Fellowship selection committee will give careful consideration to all completed applications. Interviews with finalists will be conducted in late October. Applicants who are studying away during Fall semester should provide contact information to facilitate a telephone or Skype interview.
Please direct questions about the Chuck Green Fellowship to:
Professor Paul Dosh, email@example.com, 651-696-6776.