Application Deadline: 11:59 pm, October 15, 2017
Who Should Apply?
The six-month fellowship is open to Macalester juniors and sophomores in good academic standing (first preference will be given to juniors). Students of all majors are encouraged to apply. We are particularly interested in applicants who can demonstrate that they work well with others, are courageous, creative, gutsy, conscientious, inventive, hard working, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Fellowship time commitments
- January 20, 2018: Required one-day retreat. If you cannot commit to attending the retreat, you should not apply for the fellowship.
- May 14-July 20: Full-time work with Twin Cities organizational partners, plus weekly Monday evening cohort meetings (either 6-8 pm or 7-9 pm). Fellows receive a stipend, ten weeks of on-campus housing, and 1 academic credit for their summer work. Any other paid, unpaid, or voluntary summer work must be discussed with Patrick Schmidt and clearly indicated on the application.
- September (date TBA): Information and recruiting session (some past fellows may be studying away).
- Chuck Green Fellows will actively participate in all class sessions in the spring term, work collaboratively with one another as well as the client partners throughout the fellowship, and be available to serve as peer advisers for the cohort of fellows to follow in their footsteps the next Spring.
A completed application includes four components:
- Application. Download and complete the form and re-title the file “Lastname_Firstname_ChuckGreenApp” Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One-page resume. Email to email@example.com
- Recommendation from a peer. Download recommendation form here.
- Recommendation from a mentor (e.g., professor, employer, or supervisor). Download recommendation form here.
Deadline for Application, Resume, and Two Recommendations: 11:59 pm, October 15, 2017.
We will not consider incomplete or late applications.
The Chuck Green Fellowship selection committee will give careful consideration to all completed applications. Interviews with finalists will be conducted in late October. Applicants who are studying away during Fall semester should provide contact information to facilitate a telephone or Skype interview.
Please direct questions about the Chuck Green Fellowship to:
Professor Lesley Lavery, firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-696-6321.