- Sydney Petersen, Isabel Le and Miya Ito were selected for the Art Department’s postgraduate apprenticeship program for 2019-2020.
- Sydney Petersen ’19 is painting an original mural in the main hallway of the Studio Art building, assisted by Phoebe Mol, in 2020.
- Eleanor Hohulin ’19 received the Donovan Art History Academic Travel Award to support her research project on Belgian Surrealism in 2018.
- Maja Bendtsen, Ilana Budenosky and Lachlan Hinwood were selected for the Art Department’s postgraduate apprenticeship program for 2017-2018.
- Juliette Myers ’17 earned a Macalester Live It! Fund grant to design and lead Empowering Artistic Voices, a collaborative public art project with 10 teenagers who identified as low-income Latinx youth. She also won a Taylor Shadowing Fellowship, a stipend to shadow professionals in a desired career field, such as art therapist,
- Print II students donated original works to Art4Shelter, a benefit show and sale for Simpson Housing Services held at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts in 2018.
- Hundreds of bowls were made and donated by students in Summer Hills Bonczyk’s ceramic classes for the Gary Erickson Empty Bowls Fundraiser 2017-2019, benefiting Second Harvest Heartland food bank.
Sample Topics Courses
- Race, Class & Gender in American Art
- Digging into Greek Art
- Art and the American Culture Wars
- Art and Technology
- Public Art
- Architectural Drawing