Macalester College believes the learning experience in a community living model is essential to student growth. Students are required to live on-campus for the first two years as part of this commitment to holistic learning. With this spirit in mind, we strive for students to live in cooperative spaces as much as possible, including individuals with disabilities.
Requests for accommodations are considered on a case by case basis, evaluated by evidence of disability impact, the reasonableness of the accommodation and space availability. Students who have a preference for a specific space or meal plan, as opposed to required accommodations, should go through the standard housing request processes.
Making a Request:
The following steps should be taken to ensure an equitable process in considering accommodations:
- Accepted to Macalester, completed the Housing and Meal Plan Agreement.
- Completed the process for accommodations as a student with a disability.
- Completed of the accessible housing request form (under forms section).
- Provided documentation of a diagnosed disability with specific information on housing accommodations. Documentation needs to be current and written by a care provider with the credentials, expertise, and experience with your specific disability. This information needs to be provided to Disability Services by the appropriate deadlines listed below.
- Met with the Director of Disability Services (if requested) to discuss accommodation needs.
Deadlines to ensure best consideration for housing accommodations:
First Year, admitted students: First Week of July
Returning students, Spring Semester: October 30
Returning students, Fall/Full Year: February 15 (prior to housing draw)
Requests after these timelines will be considered but may be declined due to space or other administrative limitations.
Single rooms requests via Disability Services are for instances where a single is medically necessary as part of a treatment plan to reduce disability impact. Preference for a single, noise, stress or roommate concerns may not rise to a level of disability impact and should be managed through Residential Life processes.
At times, single rooms may be assigned to students when they have not requested one or for a limited time due to medical impacts. Placement in a single space on a temporary basis does not guarantee a single space in the future.
Requests for housing accommodations in specialty housing are due by application deadlines for each individual housing area and are managed by faculty or language departments. Accommodation requests will include their input and specific timelines for those programs. In these areas, assistance animals or specific housing accommodations may be limited due to the essential nature of community/shared spaces, but each request is evaluated individually.
Once your request is submitted:
- You will be contacted by Disability Services regarding a meeting with the appropriate staff member.
- If your request is approved, Residential Life staff will contact you regarding possible space/meal plan configurations.
- Additional meetings may be required with Cafe Mac or other staff to determine appropriate accommodations.
Students will be considered for a housing accommodation that first and foremost meet their documented needs. Building and room preferences will be considered and honored if possible and based on the appropriate class status, but an assignment within your preferences is not guaranteed. Accommodations are granted for the student, not potential roommates or friends.
Housing accommodation requests need to be made every academic year. Previous accommodations may not guarantee similar accommodations from year to year.
Housing/Meal Plan Exemptions:
Please go here for more specific information:
Requests to live off-campus or be waived from the meal plan for students in specific residential areas require documentation from a care provider as a special exemption as part of a treatment plan that cannot be otherwise accommodated.
Students should be aware they are not allowed to cook in their rooms via hot plates, instapots or other cooking units (microwaves) due to safety restrictions.
Service and Assistance/Emotional Support Animals:
Please see the section on Service and Assistance Animals.
This form starts the process to request Assistance Animals.