Available Medical Services
The list of available services is not intended to be comprehensive. If you have questions about whether or not we can meet your medical needs, please call the Hamre Center (651-696-6275).
- Mental Health Services
- Sexual Health Services
- Preventive Visits and Chronic Illness Management
- Care for Acute Illnesses and Injuries
- Laboratory Tests
- Medication Management
- Services We Do Not provide
We provide diagnosis and care of depression, anxiety, and other psychological concerns. We collaborate with the counseling staff and a visiting psychiatrist who specialize in areas such as stress management, depression, anxiety, eating problems, and substance abuse. They can also help you manage your mental health medication needs. Learn more about medication management.
- Sensitive exam guidelines
- Emergency Contraception for all genders without an appointment
- Sexually transmitted infections screening, testing and treatment – there is a charge for lab tests. *Important! You may have genital testing for STIs without any clinician touching or examining you. People of any gender may pee in a cup, people who have a vagina can either pee in a cup or self-swab for some STI testing. Your provider will talk to you about what type of testing and lab collection is the right fit for you.
- PeP and PrEP (HIV prevention)
- Pregnancy prevention: counseling, management, and prescriptions. Visit bedsider.org to explore options available to you
- Pregnancy testing & comprehensive counseling of all options, including referral to abortion clinics.
- Free condoms, dental dams, and other sexual health supplies available by completing an Anonymous Safer Sex Kit request online.
- Physical exams (including physicals for sports, travel, or work) – there is a charge for these visits.
- Prescription refills
- Chronic illness management (asthma, diabetes, allergies)
- Infections (eye, ear, nose, throat, respiratory, skin, bladder, UTI)
- Abdominal problems
- Exercise, dance, or sports injuries
- Abrasions & burns
Please note there are charges associated with most procedures.
- Abscess incision and drainage
- Ear irrigation and wax removal
- Wart treatment
- Suture removal
Please note there are out of pocket costs associated with most immunizations.
- Td/Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)
- MMR vaccine
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B
- HPV Vaccine (now indicated for all genders, 2 shot series)
- Influenza (during flu season)
- Meningitis (A and B)
- Mantoux (tuberculosis) skin test or IgRA blood test
If you have questions regarding whether a lab test is available or questions about cost, please contact a member of the Hamre Center staff.
Our providers can initiate and refill prescription medication at local pharmacies. If you are looking for a refill, please first contact your pharmacy to see if you have one available.
- Medical imaging (X-Ray, CT, MRI). If a provider orders imaging, you will be referred off-campus.
- Allergy testing
- Certain immunizations for study away—please consult cdc.gov and then Health Services to learn what is recommended for your destination and what is available on-campus
- Outside lab orders