Balance your academics and life at Macalester.
Macalester students want to accomplish everything, but they might become frustrated that they can’t do it all. Here in the MAX Center, we have staff who can help you organize your time better, study and read more efficiently, reduce procrastination, and get better sleep. We can help you establish study habits that fit your working style and personal preferences.
Contact either of our Study Skills Counselors to get started on strengthening your academic skills: Alyssa Adkins (651-696-6602) or Stephanie Alden (651-696-6017). Stephanie specializes in STEM fields. We encourage you to schedule regular ongoing appointments to help you keep on track.
- Strengthening Your Studying Skills
- Reading and Studying Textbooks
- How to Study – Techniques & Methods
- Excelsior Online Reading Comprehension Lab
- How to Create the Perfect Study Environment for Online Learning
- Plan Your Work, Work Your Plan
- Hints on Planning a Better Time Schedule
- Awareness Check
- Long-term Projects
Getting Comfortable with Remote Learning (from Macalester’s Health Promotions Team)
How to Be a Successful Online Learner
Important vs. Urgent (video) by the Laurie Hamre Center for Health & Wellness
Tips on calculating time needed to complete assignments in a timely manner