Balance your academics and life at Macalester.
Macalester students want to accomplish everything, but they might become frustrated that they can’t do it all. Here in the MAX Center, we have staff who can help you organize your time better, study and read more efficiently, reduce procrastination, and get better sleep. We can help you establish study habits that fit your working style and personal preferences.
Contact either of our Study Skills Counselors to get started on strengthening your academic skills: Becky Graham (651-696-6602) or Stephanie Alden (651-696-6017). Stephanie specializes in STEM fields. We encourage you to schedule regular ongoing appointments to help you keep on track.
- Strengthening Your Studying Skills
- Reading and Studying Textbooks
- How to Study – Techniques & Methods
- Plan Your Work, Work Your Plan
- Hints on Planning a Better Time Schedule
- Awareness Check
- Time Management Schedule
- Long-term Projects
- Important vs. Urgent (video) by the Laurie Hamre Center for Health & Wellness
- Important vs. Urgent Matrix
- Great tips for time management, goal setting, and learning strategies
- Create a personalized notepaper for different different subjects
- Help sharpen your long-term and short-term memory
- Tips about developing a time management matrix according to Dr. Steven Covey
- Tips on calculating time needed to complete assignments in a timely manner