Employment Services is committed to developing a staff workforce that maintains the high standards of Macalester College. Below please find a list of resources to assist you in successfully leading your staff.
Managing staff absences is critical for every department, and part of that is managing leave reports. Please see the overview below on how to approve a leave report. Use the following links for more detailed instructions.
- Log in to 1600Grand and access the Employee Dashboard
- In the My Activities menu on the right, click on Approve Leave Report
- For each employee with a Pending leave report, click on the Three-dot Action Menu next to their name
- From there, select Preview
- If the leave reported looks correct, select Approve. If it needs to be edited, select Return for Correction
If you miss the leave report deadline, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (and copy your supervisor) with the number of hours of leave used in the month.