Why Study Philosophy at Macalester?
If you find yourself passionately wondering about life’s most pressing questions about reality, value, and meaning—in other words, if you have been bitten by the “philosophy bug”—we invite you to explore the many benefits of studying philosophy at Macalester. In the department, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Live the life of the liberal arts
- Work closely with faculty on projects of your own choosing
- Perfect your analytic and verbal skills
- Be a part of a vibrant community
- Make connections to other disciplines
- Prepare for a variety of life/career options