Room Draw Schedule for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
Locate which Draw Type best fits your situation. Follow the steps to apply for housing, match with roommates, and finally to select a space. Pay close attention to each step’s deadline.
|Draw Type||1. Apply By:||2. Match By: (See Additional information below)||3. Select ON:|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: Homestead Same Space Draw||March 20, 2017||March 20,7:30 AM to March 21, 5:00 PM||Wednesday, March 22, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: Summit House Draw||March 20, 2017||March 20, 7:30 AM to March 21, 5:00 PM||Wednesday, March 22, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: New Spaces Draw||March 21, 2017||March, 21, 7:30 AM to March 22, 5:00 PM||Thursday, March 23, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Sophomores: Suites, Triples and Quads Draw||March 21, 2017||March 21, 7:30 AM to March 27, 5:00 PM||Tuesday, March 28, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Sophomores: Singles and Doubles Draw||March 21, 2017||March 29 7:30 AM to March 30 4:00 PM||Thursday, March 30, 4:45 PM to 10:00 PM|
Matching for Group Draws: Matching will stay open during the Draws but you must be fully matched before 7:30 AM if you want to select a space immediately at the start of the group draws. Match before 4:00 PM the day before the groups draw if you need Reslife help in completing your matches.
Matching for sophomore doubles will stay open throughout the draw on March 30. Match before the pair's earliest start time in order to select your double immediately at your draw time.
Room Draw Step-by-Step
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Life > MyHousing/Self Service. Select Applications and then Housing and Dining Agreement 2017-2018.
- Rising juniors and rising seniors: Accepting the Housing and Dining Agreement 2017-2018 indicates your interest in living on campus. It does not commit you to selecting a space nor does it guarantee a space on campus.
- Don’t wait until the Draw Day to apply! When you accept the Housing and Dining Agreement on the day of the Draw, you must contact Residential Life immediately at 651-696-6215 to be added to the Draw.
- Once a rising junior or rising senior selects a campus housing space, the Housing and Dining Agreement becomes effective, committing them to the associated room and board costs.
- Rising sophomores are required to live on campus, to accept the Housing and Dining Agreement, and to pay the associated room and board costs.
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Services > MyHousing/Self Service. Select MyHousing and click Roommates.
- A matched roommate group is all members of the group accepting each other on their individual MyHousing pages.
- Matching will remain open throughout each Draw so students may match and remove matches to meet the required number of students for a particular room, suite, or apartment.
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Services > MyHousing. Select MyHousing and click Room Selection from the left side bar.
- Spaces that match the number in a group will appear.
- For students with no roommate matches only single rooms will appear.
- Language and specialty housing assignments are filled before Room Draw. Students interested in living in a Language or Specialty House, should apply directly to the sponsoring department during the month of February.
- Want to live in 30 Mac? You must complete the Healthy Living Community Agreement to finalize your space in the 30 Mac, Healthy Living Community.
- Plan to select a room with mixed genders in GDD, GCA, or the Summit House? No problem with mixed gender suites, but if a double room within a suite or apartment will be mixed gender, contact Residential Life in advance of the Draw so an adjustment can be made in the MyHousing application to accommodate your choice.
- One person from a group can pick the space. Be prepared to assign rooms and roommates within suites and apartments.
- Draw times will be assigned for the March 31, 2016 Rising Sophomores Singles and Doubles Draw.