Room Draw Schedule – Room Selection for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
Decide which Draw best fits your housing needs for 2018-2019. Follow the 3 steps: apply for housing and dining, match with roommates, and finally select a space. Pay close attention to each step’s deadline.
ALL DRAWS ARE FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED, FOR BEST OPTIONS BE MATCHED AND READY TO SELECT AT THE START OF THE DRAW.
|Draw Type||1. Apply By:||2. Match By: (See Additional information below)||3. Select ON:|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: Homestead Same Space Draw||Monday, March 19, 11:00 AM||Matching open March 1 through March 19, 5:00 PM*||Monday, March 19, 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: Summit House Draw||Monday, March19, 5:00 PM||Matching open March 1 through March 19, 5:00 PM||Monday, March 19,12:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
|Rising Juniors & Rising Seniors: New Spaces Draw||Monday, March 19, 5:00 PM||Matching open March 1 through March 20, 5:00 PM||Tuesday, March 20 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Rising Sophomores: Suites, Triples and Quads Draw||Wednesday, March 21, 5:00 PM||Matching open March 1 through March 22, 11:00 AM||Thursday, March 22 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM|
|Rising Sophomores: Doubles Draw
Rising Sophomores Singles Draw
|Wednesday, March 21, 5:00 PM
Thursday, March 22, 5:00 PM
|Matching for doubles open March 1 through March 22 5:30 PM
No Matching for Singles Draw
|Thursday, March 22, 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Friday, March 23, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
*Contact Residential Life before 11:00 AM on March 19 to homestead with a rising junior or senior roommate not currently occupying the space. Rising sophomores are not permitted to homestead.
Matching for Group Draws:
Matching will stay open during the Draws but you must be fully matched before 7:30 AM if you want to select a space immediately at the start of the groups draws. Match before 4:00 PM the day before the groups draw if you need Reslife help in completing your matches.
Matching for Sophomore Doubles
Matching will stay open throughout the draw on March 22. If you matched with a group but did not select a space in the groups draw, be sure to unmatch with those that are no longer valid. Match before 4:00 PM the day before the draw if you need Reslife help in completing your match.
Room Draw Step-by-Step
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Life > MyHousing/Self Service. Select Application from the menu bar across the top and then Returning Students Housing and Dining Agreement 2018-2019.
- Rising juniors and rising seniors: Accepting the Housing and Dining Agreement 2018-2019 indicates your interest in living on campus. It does not commit you to selecting a space nor does it guarantee a space on campus. Once a rising junior or rising senior selects a campus housing space, the Housing and Dining Agreement becomes effective, committing them to pay the associated room and board costs.
- Don’t wait until the Draw Day to apply! When you accept the Housing and Dining Agreement on the day of the Draw, you must contact Residential Life immediately at 651-696-6215 to be added to the Draw.
- Rising sophomores are required to live on campus, to accept the Housing and Dining Agreement, and to pay the associated room and board costs.
- Go to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Services > MyHousing/Self Service. Select Room Selection and click Roommates.
- A matched roommate group is all members of the group accepting each other on their individual MyHousing pages.
- Students in the draw may match with any gender roommates and groups. Mixed gender apartments, suites, quads, triples and doubles are permitted except in Bigelow and Kirk female designated spaces.
- Rising Junior and Rising Seniors may match with rising sophomores in a double rooms. Rising junior and rising seniors may include one or more rising sophomores in their group, however, the group must have a majority of rising juniors and rising seniors. Please see Residential Life at least one day in advance of the Rising Seniors/Rising Juniors New Spaces Draw if you wish to match with a sophomore(s).
- Matching will remain open throughout each Draw so students may match and remove matches to meet the required number of students for a particular room, suite, or apartment.
- At the start of the draw or anytime during the draw, oo to 1600grand.macalester.edu > Student Services > MyHousing/Self Service. Select MyHousing and click Room Selection from the left side bar.
- Suites, quads, and triples that match the number in your group will appear during the groups draw, Double rooms will appear during the Doubles Draw for students with one roommate match.
- For students with no roommate matches only single rooms will appear during the singles draw.
- Language and specialty housing assignments are filled before Room Draw. Students interested in living in a Language or Specialty House, should apply directly to the sponsoring department during the month of February.
- Want to live in 30 Mac? You must complete the Healthy Living Community Agreement Finalize your space in the 30 Mac, Healthy Living Community by completing the agreement after you have select a space in 30 Mac.
- One person from a group can pick the space. Be prepared to assign rooms and roommates within suites and apartments.
- Mixed gender doubles, triples, quads, and suites are permitted.