ATTENTION: This content was automatically imported and needs clenaup. EXTRA DIV
What to do in a Medical Emergency / Ambulance
- Call Safety and Security at 651-696-6555 (if life threatening, call 911, then call Safety and Security). Give the following information: Name, building name, floor, room number, type of injury, illness, or symptoms.
- Do not move a seriously injured person unless a more serious injury or life threatening situation may develop.
- Quickly perform these four steps:
a. Check breathing, open air way (tilt head back) and start artificial respiration (CPR) if necessary and if you are trained in first aid.
b. Control serious bleeding by direct pressure on the wound.
c. Keep the victim still and comfortable. Have victim lie down if necessary.
d. Remain with victim until help arrives.
- In case of heart attack or breathing stoppage, call 911 and Safety and Security at 651-996-6555. They will respond immediately Safety and Security personnel are trained to assist and coordinate emergency units.
- If you notice any jewelry with an inscription indicating medical information, bring this to the officer’s attention.
What Will Happen Next
Paramedics are dispatched by the 911 operator. Safety and Security officers prepare for the arrival of emergency units and direct them to the scene. Paramedics and Safety and Security officers arrive to administer medical assistance and to assist with information, reports, etc.
Keep Yourself Calm – Keep Others Calm
In an emergency, call 911 and Campus Security 651-696-6555. Give your campus location and describe the emergency situation.
Life, health or safety threat
Mac Security Office
Report a crime, suspicious activity or package, etc.
7:30 AM—4:30 PM