We support intellectual and cultural engagement through study away, as an enduring part of a liberal arts education. We strive to ensure that study away experiences reflect the core values of Macalester College – scholarship, internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
We pursue our mission by:
- Investigating and evaluating study away programs to identify those that best serve the values of the college.
- Advising students to make informed choices in selecting programs that provide a good match between their educational goals and preparation and academic quality and cultural experience in study away programs.
- Maintaining an approved list of high-quality study away programs including a small number of Macalester-run programs and exchanges with international partners.
- Communicating regularly with faculty and college administration.
- Engaging students in discussion about study away and the liberal arts.
- Promoting the integration of study away through returnee events.