Skip to Main Content Skip to Footer Toggle Navigation Menu

Parent and Family Giving

The families of students and alumni are an integral part of the Macalester community. Your gift to the Macalester Fund supports all the programs that make a Macalester education exceptional by maintaining a low student to faculty ratio, ensuring access for all students through financial aid, and funding wide-ranging initiatives including student-faculty research. Macalester Fund gifts are used in the current fiscal year, directly benefiting your student and their classmates.

Why is it important?

Making a gift to the Macalester Fund demonstrates support for your student’s aspirations and a commitment to making your student’s educational experience remarkable. The comprehensive fee to attend Macalester covers just 75 percent of the actual cost of the college’s programs; gifts from donors and income from the college’s endowment provide the remaining 25 percent. Contributions to the Macalester Fund from parents and families are vital in order to bridge this gap and maintain the high quality of education for which Macalester is known.

We encourage our families to participate in all aspects of campus life, including annual giving. Contributions made by parents of seniors will also be counted in the Senior Class Gift.

What is the Senior Class Gift?

Through the Senior Class Gift (SCG), people can honor a student’s Mac journey and everything that makes Macalester wonderful. Gifts to the SCG support all the programs that make a Macalester education exceptional.

Many families become monthly Sustainers to ensure that their support of Macalester continues beyond their student’s graduation. The SCG is also an opportunity for families to join our Grand Society with a leadership gift of $1,600 or more to honor their student.

How to Make a Gift

You can give to the Macalester Fund online or by calling 651-696-6909.