11.18 Retiree Benefits
Staff and Faculty who retire from Macalester College in good standing with 15 years of experience at Macalester College are eligible for the following benefits:
1. Access and use of the Leonard Center Athletic Facility during building hours (posted on the Leonard Center website). This includes:
- Access to the Deno Fitness Center (Cardio, free weights, strength machines)
- Access to Alumni Gym (when not reserved for basketball hoops, open space, volleyball nets)
- Access to the Fieldhouse (when not reserved for indoor track, basketball hoops, volleyball nets, racquet sports, open space)
- Access to Riley Pool (during open swim hours posted on the Leonard Center website for lap swim)
- Access to Studios 1 and 2 (when not reserved for practice/rehearsal space for dance, Pilates, yoga, mixed martial arts, etc.)
- Access to the General Locker rooms (men’s, women’s, all gender for showers, restrooms, daily lockers)
- Access to casual spaces such as Schaal Atrium and Hultquist Lounge (lounge space with chairs)
Reservation schedules are posted outside of each space that includes reservations for the upcoming week. Athletics staff attempts to have all reservations updated on said schedules but there are times when a reservation is made after the time the schedule is posted and we ask users of the Leonard Center for flexibility/understanding during these scenarios. All participating Retirees and Retiree +1’s will be required to complete and submit the Leonard Center Membership Liability Waiver.
2. Access and use of the DeWitt Wallace Library:
- Entrance into the library (When library access is restricted to the current Mac community only, will require an active MacPass to gain entrance.)
- Ability to sign up for a library card to check out materials
- Use of computers and e-resources while in the library
- Does not include:
- Interlibrary loan services
- Remote access to e-resources
3. Access and use of the Campus Center
4. Continued participation in WHAM activity classes paid by retiree
Eligible retirees who are interested in accessing any of the retiree benefits should first complete the Leonard Center Membership Liability Waiver. Human Resources will receive notification that the retiree has completed the waiver and then verify eligibility. If eligible, Human Resources will then update the retiree’s record in the HR/Payroll system along with completing the waiver enrollment request. These changes will be sent via file feed to Public Safety for building access and Card Services.
After Human Resources has updated the retiree’s record and completes the waiver enrollment request, the retiree will receive an email notifying them that they must obtain a new “Retiree” Mac ID available through Document Services in the lower level of the Campus Center. The retiree’s membership is a lifetime membership with access to the Leonard Center, Campus Center, Library and retiree paid WHAM classes.
Retiree Plus 1’s interested in access to the Leonard Center should complete and submit the “Plus 1, Sponsored by Retiree” Retiree Leonard Center Membership Liability Waiver. The Leonard Center designee will email [email protected] and Human Resources will validate the retiree’s eligibility. The Leonard Center designee will then update or create a Plus 1’s PPAIDEN record in the HR/Payroll system including completing the required fields and the supplemental data fields in “More Information.” These changes will be sent via file feed to Public Safety for building access and Card Services. After the Leonard Center designee validates the Plus 1’s eligibility, they will process the Plus 1’s enrollment and an email will be sent to the Plus 1 notifying them that they must obtain a Retiree Plus 1 Mac ID from Document Services in the lower level of the Campus Center which will provide access to the Leonard Center only. Plus 1’s access to the Leonard Center will have an end date and must be renewed by the Plus 1 as required for ongoing access to the Leonard Center by following Leonard Center’s process for renewal. Retiree Plus 1’s Leonard Center membership will end when the sponsoring retiree’s membership ends.