In 2019, the Zia & Priti Fund for Innovation and Impact (“Boost It Fund”) was established to support students in the process of building and scaling business and non-profits. Through this fund, Entrepreneurship at Macalester offers mentorship and a boost to power through financial roadblocks. We are looking to support students who need more resources to continue to push their idea forward. Up to $5,000 will be awarded to dedicated students who present:
- A strong willingness to continue building their organization or project.
- A thoughtful financial plan that outlines an allocation of funds.
- A proven commitment to the project thus far (personal financial stake or commendable time commitment).
- A clear set of milestones the funding will allow them to achieve with a way to measure it.
Please note, students can receive funding from the Zia & Priti Fund for Innovation and Impact one time only.
The Spring 2020 Application Cycle has been canceled, due to extenuating circumstances surrounding COVID-19.
To apply, you need to submit the following two items to Pete Hall at email@example.com.
1) Write a 2 page proposal
Proposals should address the following questions: What is the name of your venture? Who are you (and if applicable, your teammates)? What skills/expertise/connections do you have to make your venture successful? Give us your high-level pitch (in a way that we will get it, as if you are telling a friend). What is unique about your venture? What have you done so far? What stage are you in? What areas do you need most help with? How much funding are you requesting ($2500, $5000)? What will you spend the funds on? Anything else you would like to share with us?
2) Create an infographic. The infographic should address the key significant data/structures of the problem and some of the results you have had in your project.
- Infographic resources
- Tools for making infographics (scroll down to get to the infographic section)
- Infographic examples
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with interviews happening intermittently.
Priority will be given to students who have a pressing need for funding to be spent in the next 3-6 months.