MacStartups is an 10-week intensive program for student entrepreneurs to launch their ideas globally, nationally, locally or right here on campus. Students receive a $6000 stipend, $500 per project seed funding, coaching, technological resources and a peer community. In addition, students will have access to accomplished mentors who have founded successful ventures, and industry specific mentors. Participants must commit to making a full-time effort during the 10-week program and meet weekly for programming in a virtual collaborative environment with like-minded Mac student innovators. MacStartups is an idea program for Macalester student entrepreneurs who are ready to do the work to forward their vision.
The 2023 Summer MacStartups Program will take place May 30th, 2023 – August 4th, 2023.
MacStartups 2023 Important Dates:
- Wednesday, February 1st MacStartups Summer 2023 Application Opens!
- Tuesday, February 14th & Thursday, March 2nd E&I Summer Programming Office Hours in the Idea Lab from 11:30-1.
- Thursday, February 16th E&I Summer Programming Info Session from 11:30-1 in LIB250.
- Monday, February 20th E&I Summer Programming Virtual Info Session from 4:45-5:45 via Zoom. Link can be found here.
- Monday, March 20th Applications Due at 9:00 am! Students must submit a fully completed application and all required accompanying materials. Application preview available at the end of this info packet.
- Friday, March 24th First communication will be sent. Students will find out if they have been selected to continue on to the second round of consideration. Your project will also be submitted to the IRB for review.
- Monday, March 27th If selected to move forward, applicants may be asked to meet with E&I Staff to answer questions about submitted ideas.
- Friday, March 31st Final acceptance emails will be sent
- Tuesday, April 4th If accepted, mandatory Program Launch Meeting from 11:30-1 in LIB250
- Tuesday, April 11th If accepted, mandatory ISP Meeting (International Students Only) from 11:30-1 in LIB250
- Tuesday April 18th If accepted, mandatory Headshots and Hamburgers Meeting 11:30-1 in LIB250
For Twin Cities Entrepreneurs and Macalester Alumni – looking to get involved?
We are seeking mentors, workshop leaders, judges, and more to help make this program awesome! Contact Jody Emmings, [email protected] for more information.