Your To-Do List
Check Your Portal
Make sure you have read all of the messages in your inbox on your Application Portal.
Check Out Our Virtual Tour, Connect, and Watch for Updates
- Explore our campus on a virtual tour and experience Macalester without leaving home.
- Schedule a 1 to 1 chat with an Admissions counselor.
- Email Admissions with any questions you have in this time of social distancing.
- Engage with new online programming, including a range of ways to connect with Macalester faculty, staff, and students from afar.
- Individual Visits are suspended until further notice. Updated information will be posted when available.
- Meet other admitted Mac2024 students and current Mac students in the class Facebook group.
- Share your Instagram and Twitter posts using #Mac2024. Use #heymac to get on Mac Social.
Submit Your Tuition Deposit
Say YES to Macalester and reserve your place by submitting your tuition deposit. Because Macalester is a residential campus, enrollment is limited, so it’s important to get your deposit in on time.
Application Type & Deposit Deadline
Early Decision I enrollment deposit deadline: January 15, 2020
Early Decision II enrollment deposit deadline: February 15, 2020
Regular Decision enrollment deposit deadline: June 1, 2020
Transfer Student enrollment deposit deadline is 2 weeks after decision.
We want to assure you that we will be flexible with regard to application requirements given the circumstances. If you are having difficulty obtaining any required items, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out to assist you.
Send Your Final High School Transcript
With regard to the “contingency clause” in your offer of admission which states that Macalester’s offer of admission is contingent upon your successful completion of all secondary school coursework at a level similar to your previous work as well as the requirement that you submit a final copy of your secondary school transcript for approval prior to matriculation. We want to assure you that will be incredibly flexible with regard to these requirements given the extenuating circumstances incoming students are experiencing. We understand that there will be limitations placed on your ability to complete your coursework or produce a final transcript over which you have no control.
Send Official Test Scores
If you have not already done so, official test scores may be submitted in the following ways:
- Direct submission from the testing agency (SAT or ACT). Macalester’s testing codes are 2122 (ACT) and 6390 (SAT)
- On official transcript sent by student’s high school counselor, registrar, or other school
Save These Dates
- Watch for updates in your portal and email to hear more about any changes to the 2020-2021 fall schedule. Dates listed below are in place until further notice.
- Pre-Orientation for International Students on August 25-28, 2020. You must be on campus on Tuesday, August 25, which is the date you can check into your assigned housing.
- New Student Orientation on August 28- September 1, 2020
- Classes begin on September 2, 2020.
- Check out the college events calendar for other events.