Your To Do List
Check Your Portal
Make sure you have read all of the messages in your inbox on your Application Portal.
Attend a Sampler, Schedule a Visit, or Check Out Our Virtual Tour
- Samplers provide a broad sampling of Macalester life, with an option to spend a night on campus hosted by a Mac student. Register early—overnight spaces are limited.
- Individual Visits to campus include information sessions, tours, overnights, and are offered to admitted students. View our calendar for availability.
- Explore our campus on a virtual tour and experience Macalester without leaving home.
- Meet other admitted Mac2024 students and current Mac students in the class Facebook group.
- Share your Instagram and Twitter posts using #Mac2024. Use #heymac to get on Mac Social.
Submit Your Tuition Deposit
Say YES to Macalester and reserve your place by submitting your tuition deposit. Because Macalester is a residential campus, enrollment is limited, so it’s important to get your deposit in on time.
Application Type & Deposit Deadline
Early Decision I enrollment deposit deadline: January 15, 2020
Early Decision II enrollment deposit deadline: February 15, 2020
Regular Decision enrollment deposit deadline: May 1, 2020
Transfer Student enrollment deposit deadline is 2 weeks after decision.
Send Your Final High School Transcript
Confirm that a final high school transcript will be sent to the Admissions Office. Read the Contingency Clause of your Admission Letter
Send Official Test Scores
If you have not already done so, official test scores may be submitted in the following ways:
- Direct submission from the testing agency (SAT or ACT). Macalester’s testing codes are 2122 (ACT) and 6390 (SAT)
- On official transcript sent by student’s high school counselor, registrar, or other school
Save These Dates
- Pre-Orientation for International Students on August 25-28, 2020. You must be on campus on Tuesday, August 25, which is the date you can check into your assigned housing.
- New Student Orientation on August 28- September 1, 2020
- Classes begin on September 2, 2020.
- Check out the college events calendar for other events.