Your To-Do List
Check Your Portal
Students who are now enrolled for Fall 2021 should go to your New Student Portal.
Save These Dates
- Watch for updates in your portal and email to hear more about your next steps and the 2021-2022 fall schedule.
- Pre-Orientation for International Students on August 24-27, 2021.
- New Student Orientation on August 27-31, 2021.
- Classes begin on September 1, 2021.
- Check out the college events calendar for other events.
- Meet other admitted Mac2025 students and current Mac students in the class Facebook group.
- Share your Instagram and Twitter posts using #Mac2025. Use #heymac to get on Mac Social.
Considering a Gap Year? Request deadline is July 1, 2021.
Read more about the process and see stories from students who deferred their admission. For some students a gap year is the best way to transition from high school to college.
Admitted students next steps
Check Out Our Virtual Tour, Connect, and Register for Events
- View our virtual events and register today. Mac Days, samples classes, and more will be added throughout the spring.
- Explore our campus on a virtual tour and experience Macalester without leaving home.
- Schedule a 1 to 1 chat with a current Mac student.
- Schedule a 1 to 1 chat with an Admissions counselor.
- Email Admissions with any questions.
Submit Your Tuition Deposit
Say YES to Macalester and reserve your place by submitting your tuition deposit. Because Macalester is a residential campus, enrollment is limited, so it’s important to get your deposit in on time.
Application Type & Deposit Deadline
Early Decision I enrollment deposit deadline: December 20, 2020
Early Decision II enrollment deposit deadline: February 15, 2021
Early Action enrollment deposit deadline: May 1, 2021
Regular Decision enrollment deposit deadline: May 1, 2021
Transfer Student enrollment deposit deadline is 2 weeks after decision.
We want to assure you that we will be flexible with regard to application requirements given the circumstances. If you are having difficulty obtaining any required items, please email email@example.com and we will reach out to assist you.
Send Your Final High School Transcript
With regard to the “contingency clause” in your offer of admission which states that Macalester’s offer of admission is contingent upon your successful completion of all secondary school coursework at a level similar to your previous work as well as the requirement that you submit a final copy of your secondary school transcript for approval prior to matriculation. If extenuating circumstances have caused any limitations on your ability to complete your coursework or produce a final transcript email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
Send Official Test Scores (if part of your application)
If you chose to provide test scores, official test scores may be submitted in the following ways:
- Direct submission from the testing agency (SAT or ACT). Macalester’s testing codes are 2122 (ACT) and 6390 (SAT)
- On official transcript sent by student’s high school counselor, registrar, or other school