Your To-Do List
Admitted Students Next Steps
Check Your Portal
Your checklist, forms, and helpful links are found in your Admitted Student Portal.
Register for Admitted Student Events
- Life at Macalester: Student Panel on March 29.
- Mac Unfiltered: Conversations in Community for International Students on March 31.
- Virtual sample classes on multiple dates.
- MACSaturdays reserved on-campus visit days for admitted students from March 26-April 30.
- Mac Day (In-person) on April 8 and 15, 2022. (Mac Day events now full.)
Watch Your Email for Upcoming Events and Other Important Information
- In-person and virtual visit events for admitted students run February through April.
- For enrolled students, credentials for your New Student Portal will be emailed in mid-May.
- For enrolled students, important forms (found in portal) will be due first on June 22, 2022.
- Orientation, class registration, and housing information will be emailed in the summer.
- Other helpful content or resources will also be shared as they are available.
Save These Dates
- Pre-Orientation for International Students on August 23-26.
- New Student Orientation on August 26-30. (Move In Day August 26)
- Classes begin on August 31.
- Check out the college events calendar for other events.
- Meet other admitted Mac2026 students and current Mac students in the class Facebook group.
- Share your Instagram and Twitter posts using #Mac2026. Use #heymac to get on Mac Social.
Check Out Our Virtual Tour or Connect with the Mac Community
- Explore our campus on a virtual tour or video tour to experience Macalester without leaving home.
- Email Admissions and Financial Aid with any questions.
- Connect with your counselor by email or schedule a virtual meeting.
Submit Your Tuition Deposit
Say YES to Macalester and reserve your place by submitting your tuition deposit. Because Macalester is a residential campus, enrollment is limited, so it’s important to get your deposit in on time.
Application Type & Deposit Deadline
Early Decision I enrollment deposit deadline: December 20, 2021
Early Decision II enrollment deposit deadline: February 15, 2022
Early Action enrollment deposit deadline: May 1, 2022
Regular Decision enrollment deposit deadline: May 1, 2022
Transfer Student enrollment deposit deadline is 2 weeks after decision.
Send Your Final High School Transcript
With regard to the “contingency clause” in your offer of admission, Macalester’s offer of admission is contingent upon your successful completion of all secondary school coursework at a level similar to your previous work, as well as the requirement that you submit a final copy of your secondary school transcript for approval prior to matriculation. If extenuating circumstances have caused any limitations on your ability to complete your coursework or produce a final transcript email email@example.com and we will assist you.
Send Official Test Scores (if part of your application)
If you chose to provide test scores, official test scores may be submitted in the following ways:
- Direct submission from the testing agency (SAT or ACT). Macalester’s testing codes are 2122 (ACT) and 6390 (SAT)
- On official transcript sent by student’s high school counselor, registrar, or other school
Review Transfer Credit process if applicable
For students who are considering transferring college or university credit, it’s important to understand the process.
Macalester College will accept no more than the equivalent of twenty (20) semester credits earned prior to matriculation. College/university credits, summer session college credits, credits earned through a post-secondary education program, International Baccalaureate credits, and Advanced Placement Program credits are included in this 20-credit limitation.
Macalester will not award credit for college/university courses that were used to satisfy any of the requirements for graduation at the student’s secondary school.
Once enrolled, you will submit the First-Year Credit Transfer form found in your New Student Portal. This form is used to identify college/university courses taken in high school which were not used to satisfy any requirements for graduation from that school. (The First-Year Credit Transfer form is not needed for College Board Advanced Placement (AP), General Certificate (GCE), or International Baccalaureate (IB). These scores will be evaluated separately.)
You must also request that an official transcript be sent directly to the Registrar’s Office by the college or university through which you took courses. Student-issued transcripts will not be accepted for transfer of credit.
When both the First-Year Credit Transfer form and the official college/university transcript are received by the Registrar’s Office, the evaluation process will begin and credit will be transferred accordingly. Transcripts can be mailed to the address below, or sent via secure electronic transmission to Macalester College.
1600 Grand Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55105-1899
If you have questions about transfer credits before enrollment, contact your admissions counselor directly or send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to assure you that we will be flexible with regard to application requirements given the circumstances. If you are having difficulty obtaining any required items, please email email@example.com and we will reach out to assist you.
Considering a Gap Year? Request deadline is July 1, 2022.
Read more about the process and see stories from students who deferred their admission. For some students a gap year is the best way to transition from high school to college.