Your To-Do List
Admitted Students Next Steps
Check Your Portal
Your checklist, forms, and helpful links are found in your Admitted Student Portal.
Admitted Student Events
- Mac Day and Virtual Panel recordings available to view.
- Regular, ongoing campus visits and virtual tours are always available.
Watch Your Email for Important Information
- For admitted students, event invitations and information about the Mac community will be sent over the next few months.
- For enrolled students, credentials for your New Student Portal will be emailed in mid-May.
- For enrolled students, important forms (found in portal) will be due first in June 2023.
- Orientation, class registration, and housing information will be emailed in the summer.
- Other helpful content or resources will also be shared as they are available.
Save These Dates
- Pre-Orientation for International Students on August 28-31.
- New Student Orientation on August 31- September 4. (Move In Day August 31)
- Classes begin on September 5.
- Check out the college events calendar for other events.
- Meet other admitted Mac2027 students and current Mac students in the class Facebook group.
- Share your Instagram and Twitter posts using #Mac2027. Use #heymac to get on Mac Social.
Check Out Our Virtual Tour or Connect with the Mac Community
- Explore our campus on a virtual tour or video tour to experience Macalester without leaving home.
- Email Admissions and Financial Aid with any questions.
- Connect with your counselor by email.
Submit Your Tuition Deposit
Say YES to Macalester and reserve your place by submitting your tuition deposit. Because Macalester is a residential campus, enrollment is limited, so it’s important to get your deposit in on time.
Application Type & Deposit Deadline
Early Decision I enrollment deposit deadline: December 19, 2022
Early Decision II enrollment deposit deadline: February 15, 2023
Early Action enrollment deposit deadline: May 1, 2023
Regular Decision enrollment deposit deadline: May 1, 2023
Transfer Student enrollment deposit deadline is: May 16, 2023
Send Your Final High School Transcript
With regard to the “contingency clause” in your offer of admission, Macalester’s offer of admission is contingent upon your successful completion of all secondary school coursework at a level similar to your previous work, as well as the requirement that you submit a final copy of your secondary school transcript for approval prior to matriculation. If extenuating circumstances have caused any limitations on your ability to complete your coursework or produce a final transcript email [email protected] and we will assist you.
Send Official Test Scores (if part of your application)
If you chose to provide test scores, official test scores may be submitted in the following ways:
- Direct submission from the testing agency (SAT or ACT). Macalester’s testing codes are 2122 (ACT) and 6390 (SAT)
- On official transcript sent by student’s high school counselor, registrar, or other school
Review Transfer Credit process if applicable
For students who are considering transferring college or university credit, it’s important to understand the process.
Macalester College will accept no more than the equivalent of thirty-two (32) semester credits earned prior to matriculation. College/university credits, summer session college credits, credits earned through a post-secondary education program, International Baccalaureate credits, and Advanced Placement Program credits are included in this 32-credit limitation.
Once enrolled, you must request that an official transcript be sent directly to the Registrar’s Office by the college or university through which you took courses. Student-issued transcripts will not be accepted for transfer of credit.
Once the official college/university transcript is received by the Registrar’s Office, the evaluation process will begin and credit will be transferred accordingly. Transcripts can be mailed to the address below, or sent via secure electronic transmission to Macalester College.
1600 Grand Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55105-1899
If you have questions about transfer credits before enrollment, contact your admissions counselor directly or send questions to [email protected].
Considering a Gap Year? Request deadline is July 1, 2023.
Read more about the process and see stories from students who deferred their admission. For some students a gap year is the best way to transition from high school to college.