How do I submit an invoice to be paid by Accounts Payable?
To submit an invoice via email
1. Create an email with the subject line “Invoice for <what the invoice is requesting payment for>”.
2. In the body of the email:
- Include which Budget FOAPAL the invoice charges should come out of.
- Directions to any additional Budget approvers (dependent on the amount of the invoice and the FOAPALS approval limits) to review the invoice and FOAPAL.
- Write Budget FOAPAL on the Invoice before scanning AND send additional Budget approval (dependent on the amount of the invoice and the FOAPALS approval limits) to all via email.
3. Attach the invoice and any other supporting documentation to the email.
4. Send the email to [email protected], and CC: all approvers (Note: any request of $15,000 or more requires signature of the VP of Admin & Finance, $100,000 or more requires the signature of the President).
See Finance Approvals Explained for more information about Budget approvals.
To submit an invoice via campus mail
1. Write on the invoice the Budget FOAPAL where the funds to pay the invoice should come from. Complete the FUND-ORG-ACCOUNT-PROGRAM (FOAP) at minimum. Complete FOAPs will help to process the invoice in a timely manner.
2. Be sure to have authorized signatures (on the Invoice) for the Budget FOAPAL — (dependent on the amount of the invoice and the FOAPALS approval limits)
3. Send the original invoice to the 77 Mac, Accounts Payable. See the sample of what an invoice ready to be submitted via Campus Mail.