Download Pcard Travel Tips (PDF)
Before you Travel:
- Call Wells Fargo at 1-800-932-0036 options 2, 3, and let them know your travel dates and locations. The representative might say it is not necessary, but a second encouragement should push them to add the notes to your account.
- Know your PIN. Most merchants, especially outside the US, will require your code to process payment. If you need to reset your PIN call Wells Fargo at 1-800-932-0036 options 2, 1, 2. Remember, your PIN is not your Unique ID, but a 4-digit code of your choosing. It is a number you created when you first activated the card.
- Most cards have a monthly limit of $10,000 and single transaction limit of $2,000. Consider if these limits are sufficient for your travel needs. You can check your available credit by logging into Wells Fargo and select your Personal Profile under User Information. At the very bottom of the page will be your specific card limits and available credit. Remember, the monthly credit limit resets around the 15th of the month. Contact your supervisor/Pcard approver via email and copy the Pcard Administrator, Grace Wood, (651-696-6558 or email@example.com) to request a limit increase prior to your travel dates. Remember your approver must sign off in advance of any limit change.
- If you are traveling to either coast of the US, abroad, or have had difficulty in the past, contact the Pcard Administrator, Grace Wood (651-696-6558 or firstname.lastname@example.org), A Merchant Category Code (MCC) strategy can be added to your account that allows the most commonly declined merchant or vendor codes to be authorized on your card. However, it eliminates Wells Fargo’s fraud detection and greatly increases Macalester’s liability. It is therefore monitored closely and only active for the shortest amount of time possible.
- If you have any other questions or concerns contact the Pcard Administrator, Grace Wood, at 651-696-6558 or email@example.com. If Grace is out of the office and it is an emergency contact Matt Rumpza at 651-696-6551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
During your Travel:
For decline issues during your travel contact the Pcard Administrator, Grace Wood (651-696-6558 or email@example.com), or call Wells Fargo at 1-800-932-0036 or 612-332-2224 outside of Minnesota including international. You will need to enter your 16-digit card number and Unique ID (your Macalester ID). If you do not remember your Unique ID you will need to provide the Company ID (macal196) and User ID used when you log on to view your statement. You will also have to answer your security questions. Please note that Wells Fargo is available by calling either number 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The Pcard Administrator is only available during regular Macalester hours.