2022 Graduation Checklist
Here is a check-list with dates to use as you plan for 2022 graduation.
- Now: Check list of hotels with courtesy blocks in place, to reserve lodging for your family and friends attending graduation.
- March 28, 2022 – May 11, 2022: REGISTER HERE for the free Zero Waste Picnic on Friday, May 13, from 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and the free Continental Breakfast on Saturday, May 14, from 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Varies: Watch for invites and information for individual academic department receptions. RSVPs may be required to attend.
- April 15, 2022: Check your student account status on 1600grand to confirm you are eligible to receive your diploma. Contact Student Accounts with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 29, 2022: Deadline to purchase non-personalized graduation announcements from the The Highlander – The Shop at Macalester bookstore.
- May 3, 2022: Double-check your student account status on 1600grand for diploma holds to confirm you are eligible to receive your diploma. Contact John Rapos at email@example.com or Trine Flinn at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have incomplete loan responsibilities. Contact Student Accounts at email@example.com with outstanding balance questions.
- May 9, 2022 – May 13, 2022: Rental gown, cap, tassel orders will be available for pick up all week at The Highlander – The Shop at Macalester.
- May 9 – 13, 2022: Senior Week!
- May 11, 2022: Be sure to complete this FORM, if you or a guest require accessible seating and/or specific accommodations.
- Early May: check your email for a link to the annual Graduating Senior Survey, which takes 5-7 minutes to complete. The survey enables Career Exploration to better understand your immediate post-graduation plans and to know how to best support those who are still working on their plans.
- May 12, 2022: Return all library materials or risk having a hold placed on your diploma.
- May 12, 2022: Return all keys that have been checked out from the Facilities office or risk being charged $30 per key, which puts a hold on your diploma.
- May 12, 2022 – 10:00AM: Rehearsal in the Leonard Center Fieldhouse
- May 12, 2022: Class Photo AFTER rehearsal
- May 13, 2022: Attend Academic Department receptions.
- May 14, 2022 – 7:30AM-9:30AM: Commencement Info Table open for information.
- May 14, 2022 – 9:00 AM – Leonard Center Gymnasium: Line up for procession.
- May 14, 2022 – 10:00AM: Commencement begins at the Stadium. (Leonard Center Fieldhouse is the rain location.)
- May 14, 2022 – After Commencement – Leonard Center Portico: Return your rental gown directly after the ceremony, or you will be charged $130. (Scotty’s is the rain location.)
- May 15, 2022: Move out of residence halls by Noon.
- May 16, 2022: Update address and contact information with MacDirect to stay in touch with Macalester alumni.
- October 1, 2022: Review the Graduation Technology Checklist to learn more about when you’ll need to transfer any email, Google Drive documents, contacts, data, etc. before your account is closed.
- ASAP! Make a 2022 Senior Class Gift contribution!