2024 Graduation Checklist
Here is a check-list with dates to use as you plan for 2024 graduation.
- Now – mid-April, 2024: Check list of hotels with courtesy blocks in place to reserve lodging for family and friends who will attend graduation. Feel free to also view the other places to say webpage for additional information.
- Now – March 26, 2024: The deadline to order rental regalia, announcements and other personalized keepsake items from the Herff Jones Order Site is March 26, 2024. Be sure to get your order in before the deadline.
- TBD (around beginning of April 2024): You should receive an email from NameCoach. Be sure to read/review the information and record your name by the deadline.
- April 19, 2024: Check your student account status on 1600grand to confirm you are eligible to receive your diploma. Contact Student Accounts with questions at [email protected].
- April 26, 2024: Deadline to purchase non-personalized graduation announcements from the the Highlander – The Shop at Macalester bookstore.
- Early May 2024: Watch for invites and information for individual academic department receptions. RSVPs may be required to attend.
- Early May 2024: Check your email for a link to the annual Graduating Senior Survey, which takes 5-7 minutes to complete. The survey enables Career Exploration to better understand your immediate post-graduation plans and to know how to best support those who are still working on their plans.
- April 30, 2024: Double-check your student account status on 1600grand for diploma holds to confirm you are eligible to receive your diploma. Contact John Rapos (Macalester/Henry Strong) at [email protected] or Trine Flinn (MCISL) at [email protected] if you have incomplete loan responsibilities. Contact Student Accounts at [email protected] with outstanding balance questions.
- May 6, 2024 – May 10, 2024: Rental gown, cap, tassel orders will be available for pick up at the Highlander – The Shop at Macalester.
- May 6 – 10, 2024: Senior Week! Visit the Senior Week website for more details about the schedule of events!
- May 9, 2024: Be sure to complete this FORM, if you or a guest require accessible/disability accommodation seating and/or specific accommodations.
- May 9, 2024: Return all library materials or risk having a hold placed on your diploma.
- May 9, 2024: Return all keys that have been checked out from the Facilities office or run the risk of being charged $30 per key, which puts a hold on your diploma.
- May 9, 2024: Rehearsal in the Leonard Center Fieldhouse. Time TBD.
- May 9, 2024: Class Photo directly AFTER rehearsal.
- May 10, 2024: Attend Academic Department receptions.
- May 11, 2024 – 7:30 AM-9:30 AM: Commencement Info Table open for information.
- May 11, 2024 – 8:30 AM – Leonard Center Gymnasium: Line up for procession.
- May 11, 2024 – 10:30 AM: Commencement begins at the Leonard Center Fieldhouse.
- May 11, 2024 – After Commencement – Designated return location TBD (BEFORE you leave campus): Return your rental gown directly after the ceremony, or you will be charged $135.
- May 12, 2024: Move out of residence halls by Noon.
- May 13, 2024: Update address and contact information with MacDirect to stay in touch with Macalester alumni.
- October 1, 2024: Review the Graduation Technology Checklist to learn more about when you’ll need to transfer any email, Google Drive documents, contacts, data, etc. before your account is closed.
- ASAP! Make a 2024 Senior Class Gift contribution!