Here is a check-list with dates to use as you plan for graduation.
- Now: Check list of hotels with courtesy blocks in place, to reserve lodging for your family and friends attending graduation.
- January 1, 2022 – March 25, 2022: Order your rental gown, cap, tassel, announcements and other graduation keepsakes through the Herff Jones ordering site. Gowns will be rented and MUST be returned directly after the ceremony on May 14.
- March 23, 2022 – 11:30AM-1:00PM: Attend the Senior Fair in the Campus Center Atrium. Learn more about what you need to do to prepare for Commencement. There will be a number of offices/departments available to chat about things you need to know, wrap up and take care of prior to your graduation. You can talk with the Herff Jones representative and order your gown, cap and tassel.
- March 25, 2022: The Herff Jones ordering site will close – this is the last day to place orders for your regalia and other personalized items.
- Varies: Watch for invites and information for individual academic department receptions. RSVPs may be required to attend.
- April 15, 2022: Check your student account status on 1600grand to confirm you are eligible to receive your diploma. Contact Student Accounts with questions at email@example.com.
- April 29, 2022: Deadline to purchase non-personalized graduation announcements from the The Highlander – The Shop at Macalester bookstore.
- May 3, 2022: Double-check your student account status on 1600grand for diploma holds to confirm you are eligible to receive your diploma. Contact John Rapos at firstname.lastname@example.org or Trine Flinn at email@example.com if you have incomplete loan responsibilities. Contact Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org with outstanding balance questions.
- May 9, 2022 – May 13, 2022: Rental gown, cap, tassel orders will be available for pick up all week at The Highlander – The Shop at Macalester.
- May 9 – 13, 2022: Senior Week!
- Early May: check your email for a link to the annual Graduating Senior Survey, which takes 5-7 minutes to complete. The survey enables Career Exploration to better understand your immediate post-graduation plans and to know how to best support those who are still working on their plans.
- May 12, 2022: Return all library materials or risk having a hold placed on your diploma.
- May 12, 2022: Return all keys that have been checked out from the Facilities office or risk being charged $30 per key, which puts a hold on your diploma.
- May 13, 2022: Attend Academic Department receptions.
- Date/Time TBD for Class photo: A photo of the entire graduating class will be taken. Date, time and location are yet to be determined.
- Date/Time TBD for Rehearsal: A rehearsal is planned right after the class photo is taken. Date, time and location are yet to be determined.
- May 14, 2022 – 8:30AM-12:30PM: Commencement Info Table open for information.
- May 14, 2022 – Time/Location TBD: Line up for procession.
- May 14, 2022 – 1:30PM: Commencement begins on the Great Lawn. (Leonard Center Fieldhouse is the rain location.)
- May 14, 2022 – 4:30PM/Location TBD: Return your rental gown directly after the ceremony, or your card will be charged $120.
- May 4, 2022: Move out of residence halls by Noon.
- May 16, 2022: Update address and contact information with MacDirect to stay in touch with Macalester alumni.
- October 1, 2022: Review the Graduation Technology Checklist to learn more about when you’ll need to transfer any email, Google Drive documents, contacts, data, etc. before your account is closed.
- ASAP! Make a 2022 Senior Class Gift contribution!