What is the Parent and Family Fund?
The Parent and Family Fund is an unrestricted fund that supports the college’s current operations. The families of students and alumni are an integral part of the Macalester community. We encourage our families to participate in all aspects of campus life, including annual giving. Contributions made by parents of seniors will also be counted in the Senior Class Gift.
What does it support?
The Parent and Family Fund supports all the programs that make a Macalester education exceptional. Gifts to the Parent and Family Fund help maintain a low student to faculty ratio, ensure access for all students through financial aid, and fund wide-ranging initiatives including student-faculty research. Parent and Family Fund gifts are used in the current fiscal year, directly benefitting your student and his or her classmates.
Why is it important?
Making a gift to the Parent and Family Fund demonstrates support for your student’s aspirations and a commitment to making your student’s educational experience remarkable. The comprehensive fee to attend Macalester covers just 75 percent of the actual cost of the college’s programs; gifts from donors and income from the college’s endowment provide the remaining 25 percent. Contributions to the Parent and Family Fund are vital in order to bridge this gap and maintain the high quality of education for which Macalester is known.
How can I contribute?
You can give to the Parent and Family Fund online or by calling 651-696-6909.
To find out more about the Parent and Family Fund, contact Sara Johnson, Associate Director of Parent & Family Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-696-6981.