HOST AN EVENT
Are you planning an event with Macalester alumni and friends in your area? Share your event details with us and we’ll send you a MacPack to help bring the Macalester spirit to your gathering. Best of all it’s free! Consider it a thank you for showing pride in Macalester and making the time to host an event that allows the Mac community to come together.
Your Mac Pack will include:
– Preprinted blank nametags for attendees
– Sharpies and pens
– Sign-in sheet to track attendance
– Macalester sign
– Swag items *choice of three
Please have a date, time, location and solid idea on the number of guests before requesting, and submit it a minimum of 3 weeks prior to your event for US domestic and 8 weeks for international addresses. This will allow sufficient time for processing and shipment of your package.
Event Planning Tips
- Define a goal for your event; whether it be simply gathering for socializing or networking this will help set the tone.
- Determine your audience. Who do you expect or want to attend? What might they want out of the event?
- It’s all about the date! Select a date and time keeping mind any holidays, school breaks, weather, and the type of event you are planning.
- Location, location, location. Pick a location that individuals can easily travel to via various modes of transportation. Please keep ADA needs in mind when selecting the venue.
- Budget. Are you covering the costs of the event? If there are fees for the gathering, keep costs low to encourage greater attendance.
- Solicit help from fellow alumni to help organize and spread the word! The more the merrier!
Let us know who came to your event!
Send your guest list to us after your event to email@example.com
We’d love to see photos from your event. Share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #heymac