- This year’s Macathon will be held non-stop for 24 hours Friday, November 5 through Saturday, November 6.
- Each team will be numbered. Rooms and schedules are assigned according to that number.
- Teams check-in at Mairs Concert Hall at 4:30 PM on Friday for kickoff event. Dinner will be served in Smail Gallery, Olin Rice. After dinner, teams can start working in assigned room.
- Alumni judges will be scheduled to virtually check in and work with teams Friday night and Saturday morning.
- At 1:00 PM, all teams are called to make a 7-minute semi-final presentation, followed by questions and feedback from judges. Refer to Semifinals Schedule and Judging Matrix.
- Final presentations will be held in John B. Davis Lecture Hall, Ruth Stricker Dayton Campus Center on Saturday, November 6 at 4:30 PM. Teams are called at 4:15 PM. Six finalists will be announced and make presentations at the event. After their presentations, the winners will be chosen. INVITE YOUR CAMPUS FRIENDS!
Snacks and beverages will be available throughout the event. Meals will be at scheduled times. Please check schedule for information as to location and meal time.
To better credit programming and/or other technical work, a “prototype test” will be conducted on Saturday, prior to the semi-finals. This is the team’s opportunity to share with the judges specifics about the technology used, process, and/or completed coding. Refer to Prototype Testing for schedule and matrix.
Your product or service must be the original product of the team and its members and created during the event. However, team members are encouraged to consult peers, interested faculty, Macathon judges, and planning committee members with any questions about the viability or development of their concepts and presentations. Macalester College has no claim to the concepts, ideas, products, and services developed during and for the Macathon.