Climate Justice Internship Program
The Department of Entrepreneurship and the Sustainability Office, are pleased to announce the second year of the MacNest Climate Justice program, a grant-funded initiative focused on preparing students to address one of the most pressing issues of our time, climate change. In collaboration with alumni Dr. Paul Rick ’64 and Dr. Margaret Rick ’64, 3-4 students per year will partner with organizations working toward just, equitable and regenerative solutions to the climate crisis. The internships offer valuable mentorship and apprenticeship opportunities; students will gain skills for resilience-building in the future.
Students will receive a $5,500 living stipend to work full time and attend workshops to further their learning and experience. Students will also receive 1 academic credit. The organizations that students will work with in the MacNest Climate Justice program are pre-determined.
- Review the “At A Glance” chart to help you confirm that the MacNest Climate Justice program fits well with your Summer 2022 goals
- Read the Information Packet and Application Preview
- Submit the Handshake application form
- Submit the Google application form, which will include:
- Uploading your responses to short-answer prompts in video format
- Uploading your resume
- Find a faculty or staff recommender willing to fill out the Faculty/Staff Reference Form on your behalf. This should be someone who can speak positively about your candidacy in the program. It is your responsibility to send the link to this form to your faculty and inform them of the application deadline.
MacNest Climate Justice Summer 2022 Important Dates:
- Wednesday, January 19th: Applications opens
- Thursday, January 27th: Virtual Information Session from 11:30am-1pm. Join us in Zoom!
- Thursday, February 10th: In person Information Session from 11:30am-1pm in LIB250.
- Monday, February 21st: Application closes at 8am
- Friday, March 4th: Decision communications are sent to candidates
- Monday, May 16th: Beginning of internship
- Friday, July 22nd: End of internship