A number of departments/groups exist to work with and for student organizations. Please contact the resources below to help you with your planning or organizational needs.
Office of Student Leadership & Engagement
2nd Floor, Campus Center
Other important contacts to know when you are planning an event:
Bon Appetit Catering: x6313
AV Services: x6379
Public Safety: x6555
The Student Organization Handbook is intended to provide you basic information that will help you successfully navigate your role in a student organization.
- The Special Events Office at Macalester supports the execution of high-level, college-wide events, including Presidential, Trustee and Advancement events. We work in partnership with offices across campus and can provide colleagues and alumni with up-to-date planning resources. Depending on the type of event, Special Events offers different levels of support.We encourage cooperation and collaboration not only interdepartmentally, but externally with events both on and off campus and around the globe. We have tools that can help your event planning success.
- Special Events Website
Forms & Other Documents
- Must be completed for any on-campus event where alcohol is present
- Must be completed and submitted 3 weeks prior to the event date
- Alcohol Approval Request Form
- Failure to meet the deadlines will result in denial of the request for alcoholic beverages
- Dances & Large Concerts
- Events where Alcohol is present/sold
- Events featuring/including High Profile/Controversial Speakers or Topics/Issue
Final determination for Public Safety Requirements determined by Director of Public Safety & Event Operations Supervisor.
Minimum Coverage = 4 Hours. Sponsoring Org is responsible for charges incurred for designated Public Safety Officers.
Form must be submitted 14 calendar days prior to the event date
- All Student Orgs wishing to sponsor a fund-raising event must submit this form to the Office of Student Leadership & Engagement and/or their designee at least 14 calendar days in advance for approval.
- Student Orgs that wish to receive monetary donations or products from corporate sponsors will need additional approval from the Development Office.
- No alcoholic beverages may be served, possessed, or consumed at any fundraising activity
- No funds will be contributed to any outside agency or entity unless:
- The organization is able to provide proof of their status as a Non-Profit Organization AND the college has received a copy of their W-9 form
- The organization is able to accept fees in U.S. Dollars, via check, credit card, or wire transfer
- Fundraising Approval Form
- Wondering what type of event support you may need for your upcoming performance or showcase? Schedule an Event Planning Meeting with Event Operations and fill this form out prior to the meeting.
- Event Support Questionnaire
Diagrams for Multipurpose Spaces
Below you will find a variety of most commonly used setups. Most spaces have a standard setup, but there a few that do not (i.e. Weyerhaeuser Boardroom Lounge and Kagin Hill Ballroom).
Campus Center | The Loch
Campus Center | The Atrium
Kagin | Hill Ballroom
Old Main | 4th Floor Lounge
- Standard Rounds for (30) – MAX
- Lecture for (30)
- Lecture for (36) – MAX