New International Students, Welcome to Mac!
Fill out the Arrival Form as soon as you finalize your travel plans.
ARRIVAL FORM (To be activated during the summer)
See our Pre-Departure Checklist for everything you need to do before you leave home, as well as other important information/resources (visa applications, phones, winter clothes, etc).
If you have questions relating to admissions, please refer to International Student Admissions
Other useful links:
- Pre-Orientation For International Students (PO4IS) occurs from August 27-30, 2018 (before the All Student Orientation); designed so that ISP can meet the specific needs of international students
- All Student Orientation happens from August 30 to September 3, 2018 (after PO4IS and before classes start); it is open to all incoming students
- Mentor Program matches all incoming international students and domestic Ametrica participants to a returning student mentor to help them transition to Mac and the US
- Ametrica Project is a program that brings together international and domestic students to discuss different topics through a cross-cultural lens. It begins during PO4IS and lasts for 10 weeks. Applications required.
- Friends Of Macalester International Students (FoMIS) Host Family Program is an optional program that matches international students with local families for a cross-cultural exchange and friendship (non residential). Applications required.
- Immigration Authorization Transfer Recommendation/Release (SEVIS Transfer Form) – Fill out if you have attended school in the US prior to coming to Macalester
- International Exchange, Visiting, Or Transfer Students study at Macalester under different circumstances than incoming first-year students
- Student Employment for international students is available to those who have received a work study through financial aid. Consult this link to learn more about government regulations, work study forms, and ways to receive authorization for working on campus if you have not already been assigned a job.
Here is a short video introducing what our department provides for international students. Enjoy!