MacNest Summer Internship Program
MacNest provides internships for students to work closely with a founder in a complex, demanding work experience while deepening Macalester’s connections and influence in the Twin Cities startup ecosystem. MacNest Summer is a summer internship program where students receive funding for unpaid internships with Twin Cities startups. Students will receive $6,250 to work 35 hours per week and attend career development and cohort workshops to make connections in their internship experience.
The MacNest Summer 2024 Program will take place May 13th, 2024 – July 19th, 2024. Questions about program, students please contact Sasmita at [email protected]
Twin Cities startups looking to work with a Mac student
At various points, MacNest seeks a diverse set of local startups to be involved in the program. Any venture (NGO, non-profit, foundation, LLC, etc.) that has been in business for 0-5 years is eligible. As a startup who meets the MacNest requirements, you have the chance to work with a highly motivated and intelligent student, and someone else pays for it! Startups please reach out to Linda at [email protected] for more information.
MacNest Summer 2024 Important Dates For Students:
- Friday, January 19th Summer 2024 Application Opens!
- Tuesdays, January 30th, February 13th, 20th & 27th E&I Summer Programming Office Hours in the Idea Lab from 11:30-1.
- Thursday, February 15th E&I Summer Programming Virtual Info Session from 11:30-12:30pm.
- Monday, March 4th Applications Due at 9:00 am! Students must submit a fully completed application and all required accompanying materials which includes a resume and a video. Application preview available at the end of this info packet.
- Friday, March 8th Acceptance emails will be sent.
- Thursday, March 21st If accepted, mandatory Match Night Prep meeting will be held from 12-1pm for any student without an internship.
- Tuesday, April 2nd If accepted, a mandatory Match Night Event will be held from 11:30-1pm in Zoom for any student without an internship.
- Thursday, April 4th If accepted, mandatory Program Launch Meeting from 11:30-1 in LIB250
- Tuesday, April 9th If accepted, mandatory ISP Meeting (International Students Only) from 11:30-1 in LIB250
- Tuesday April 16th If accepted, mandatory Headshots and Hamburgers Meeting 11:30-1 in LIB250
MacNest Summer 2024 Important Dates For Startups:
- Friday, January 19th Summer 2024 Startup Application Opens!
- Monday, March 4th Summer 2024 Startup Application due at 8 am
- Monday, March 25th Startups are notified if they have been selected to move on to the Match Night Event
- Tuesday, April 2nd If selected, mandatory Match Night Event will take place via Zoom from 11:30-1pm. At this event startups interview with the MacNest students and both the students and selected startups give feedback on who they would like to be matched with
- Monday, April 1st Startups will be notified if they have been matched with a MacNest student
- Monday, April 15th All startups who match with a student will be required to attend a MacNest supervisor training from noon-1pm via Zoom