Whether it’s changing the conversation about sexual health, improving sleep, or increasing student resilience, the health promotion’s wellness initiatives aim to foster a campus environment in which students feel empowered to make healthy choices that contribute to their overall personal and academic success.
- “This is Fine” podcast – Episode 1: Your Humanness is Showing
- “This is Fine” podcast – Episode 2: Friendly Intrusions
- International Student Portal – find helpful information here.
- Sign up for our monthly Hamre Center Newsletter.
- Sign up for weekly Health Highlights, reflecting current health topics. Written by student health promotion staff. Health Highlights Weekly Archives
Health Promotion Team
Each member of the Health Promotion student team brings their unique perspectives to a collaborative effort to offer education and initiatives that enhance the health of our community.
Join the Team!
- Become a Health Promotion student team member — application open until Friday, April 16, 2021. Apply here.
- Become a SEXY Trainer — application for SEXY Trainer opens 2021.
- Lead a movement class — email Lisa Broek to apply.
- George Kidess ’21 is a Neuroscience major from Amman, Jordan. Dream job – Doctor. George loves to cook and has a mean marinara recipe, from scratch, that can be made in under 15 minutes.
- Zarra Marlowe ’21 is a Studio Art & English (Writing) major from Jackson, Fl. Dream job – anything that will allow her to feel fulfilled while creating art. Pets include a bearded dragon and snails.
- Brooke Offenhauser ’21 is a Neuroscience and Psychology double major who is from Cottage Grove, MN. Dream job – Health Promotions Specialist! Quirky fact about Brooke is that she collects quarters.
- Carina Ramorino, ’21 is a Psychology major with a Anthropology minor who hails from San Francisco, CA. Dream job – clinical psychologist working with PTSD. Carina’s a big fan of the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers.
- Lia Yamasato ’21 is a Biology major from Kauai, Hawaii. Dream job – Psychiatrist. Lia has used quarantine to learn how to roller skate and if you see Lia falling down around campus wave hi!
- Johanna Caskey ’22 is a Psychology major from up North – Duluth, MN. Johanna’s dream job – a Clinical/Counseling Psychologist. And her dream pet – a pot belly pig.
- Linden Kronberg ’22 is from Ann Harbor, MI and is an International Studies major. Linden’s dream job – a Sailor. He enjoys swimming in cold water.
- Mona Reddad ’22 is from Kaohsiung, Taiwan and is a Neuroscience major. Dream job – occupational therapist! She is also known to dance in her own fun way. Plus she’s leading a hip hop class for us this fall.
- Annika Wennerlund ’22 is a psychology major hailing from Minneapolis. Dream job – Primary Care Physician. Annika once had a toothpick surgically removed from her foot.
- Andrew Brown ’23 is a Neuroscience major from Cottage Grove, MN. Dream job – Author. Andrew challenges you to find a bigger fan of J.R.R. Tolkien, you never will though!
- Lily Lorenzen ’23 is an English major from San Francisco, CA. Dream job – Community Garden Manager. Lily can juggle while standing on one foot.
- Phia Mitnick ’23 is a Philosophy major from Brookline, MA. Dream job – Public Defender. Phia loves terrible/ugly postcards. Whenever Phia goes somewhere new Phia tries to find the ugliest to add to the collection.