Whether it’s changing the conversation about sexual health, improving sleep, or increasing student resilience, the health promotion’s wellness initiatives aim to foster a campus environment in which students feel empowered to make healthy choices that contribute to their overall personal and academic success.
Sign up for the Wellness Initiatives Mailing List to hear about new programs and opportunities.
Health Promotion Team
Each member of the Health Promotion student team brings their unique perspectives to a collaborative effort to offer education and initiatives that enhance the health of our community.
Join the Team!
- Become a Health Promotion student team member — application opens March 15, 2020.
- Become a SEXY Educator — application opens 2020.
- Lead a movement class — email Lisa Broek to apply.
- Jadie Minhas ’20 is an Russian Studies and Political Science double major from Philadelphia, PA. Her dream job – to work in the government one day. A quirky fact about Jadie is that her arms bend abnormally, they can go past their breaking point with no issue. Hyper-extension!
- Ana Thompson, ’20 is a Neuroscience major from Minnetonka, MN. Her dream job – becoming a pediatric cardiologist. Ana could eat ramen noodles for every meal for the rest of her life. Yum.
- Zarra Marlowe ’21 is a Studio Art & English (Writing) major from Jackson, Fl. Dream job – anything that will allow her to feel fulfilled while creating art. Pets include a bearded dragon and snails.
- Brooke Offenhauser ’21 is a Neuroscience and Psychology double major on the Pre-Med track who is from Cottage Grove, MN. Dream job – neurosurgeon. Quirky fact about Brooke is that she collects quarters.
- Carina Ramorino, ’21 is a Psychology major with a Anthropology minor who hails from San Francisco, CA. Dream job – clinical psychologist for the military. Carina’s a big fan of the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers.
- Lia Yamasato ’21 is a Biology major from Lihue, Kauai. Dream job – OBGYN. Lia may have grown up on an island but she is still afraid of the ocean.
- Johanna Caskey ’22 is a Psychology major from up North – Duluth, MN. Johanna’s dream job – a Clinical/Counseling Psychologist. And her dream pet – a pot belly pig.
- Linden Kronberg ’22 is from Ann Harbor, MI and is considering International Studies as his major. Linden’s dream job – a UN Security Officer. He enjoys swimming in cold water.
- Nathan Ngo ’22 is from Vietnam and might declare as a Psychology major. Dream job – a therapist (maybe).
- Mona Reddad ’22 is from Kaohsiung, Taiwan. She is not sure of her major, yet – but leans towards neuroscience. Dream job – us at Health Promotion! She is also known to dance in her own fun way. Plus she’s leading a hip hop class for us this fall.
- Annika Wennerlund ’22 is a sophomore Neuroscience major hailing from Minneapolis. Dream job – Primary Care Physician. Annika once had a toothpick surgically removed from her foot.
- Andrew Brown ’23 is a freshman who has not declared a major yet. Dream job – Author. Andrew feels like he can name way too many dinosaurs.