Whether it’s changing the conversation about sexual health, improving sleep, or increasing student resilience, the health promotion’s wellness initiatives aim to foster a campus environment in which students feel empowered to make healthy choices that contribute to their overall personal and academic success.
PAWS@Mac has yet to determine what safest plan is for services in COVID-19 era.
Where are the PAWS@Mac dogs?
Sign up for our monthly Hamre Center Newsletter.
Health Promotion Team
Each member of the Health Promotion student team brings their unique perspectives to a collaborative effort to offer education and initiatives that enhance the health of our community.
Join the Team!
- Become a Health Promotion student team member — application now open for Communication and Marketing position – apply here.
- Become a SEXY Trainer — application for SEXY Trainer opens 2021.
- Lead a movement class — email Lisa Broek to apply.
- George Kidess ’21 is a Neuroscience major from Amman, Jordan. Dream job – Doctor. George loves to cook and has a mean marinara recipe, from scratch, that can be made in under 15 minutes.
- Zarra Marlowe ’21 is a Studio Art & English (Writing) major from Jackson, Fl. Dream job – anything that will allow her to feel fulfilled while creating art. Pets include a bearded dragon and snails.
- Brooke Offenhauser ’21 is a Neuroscience and Psychology double major on the Pre-Med track who is from Cottage Grove, MN. Dream job – Health Promotions Specialist! Quirky fact about Brooke is that she collects quarters.
- Carina Ramorino, ’21 is a Psychology major with a Anthropology minor who hails from San Francisco, CA. Dream job – clinical psychologist working with PTSD. Carina’s a big fan of the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers.
- Lia Yamasato ’21 is a Biology major from Kauai, Hawaii. Dream job – Psychiatrist. Lia has used quarantine to learn how to roller skate and if you see Lia falling down around campus wave hi!
- Johanna Caskey ’22 is a Psychology major from up North – Duluth, MN. Johanna’s dream job – a Clinical/Counseling Psychologist. And her dream pet – a pot belly pig.
- Linden Kronberg ’22 is from Ann Harbor, MI and is an International Studies major. Linden’s dream job – a Sailor. He enjoys swimming in cold water.
- Mona Reddad ’22 is from Kaohsiung, Taiwan and is a Neuroscience major. Dream job – us at Health Promotion! She is also known to dance in her own fun way. Plus she’s leading a hip hop class for us this fall.
- Annika Wennerlund ’22 is a sophomore Neuroscience major hailing from Minneapolis. Dream job – Primary Care Physician. Annika once had a toothpick surgically removed from her foot.
- Andrew Brown ’23 is a Neuroscience major from Cottage Grove, MN. Dream job – Author. Andrew challenges you to find a bigger fan of J.R.R. Tolkien, you never will though!